Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone running this lift kit? https://www.4x4parts.com/nissan/deluxe-suspension-package-p-5856.html If so how do you like it? I'm exploring my options and I will FINALLY be purchasing a lift soon.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
^ What T-Rex said.

There are a couple of companies, Nisstec & PRG for example, that specialize in suspension lifts for our trucks.

I got my suspension from Nisstec and have been very, very happy. Right fit, good quality parts, excellent service. I sincerely doubt the bargain kit you're looking at will provide the same.

There are a lot of veteran wheelers on this site and I'm betting they'd all agree, save up a few more $$$ and do it the right way the first time!

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
I can't speak for PRG or 4x4 parts but I will tell you that Nisstec is a great company to deal with. very knowlegable and quick to ship. they even do a tripple check of the order before it shipps to make sure that everything is there. I have no problems ordering more parts ( starting anothe list already) from Nisstec.

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Yeah, I've heard that rancho isnt the greatest in suspension stuff...those shocks look fancy but you don't really need that. Also, it seems like you're getting lift in the front from raised spring perches, which if you read about the bilstein 5100 adjustable front shocks, anything more than .5" of lift that way can make it ride like ****. Just go with a good kit from nisstec or prg. I've ordered from both and I've got good customer serivce and great quality parts. If you call nisstec and tell them your price range and what you're looking to do, I'm sure they can suggest options for you.

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
As others have already mentioned, you get what you pay for.

This is a cheap kit, with cheap parts. Ranchos are not high quality shocks and can be had for cheap. You could make this kit yourself for probably closer to half the price too! ESPECIALLY since this kit doesn't include coils (it reuses your stock ones). FYI, typically Rancho Quicklifts include coils. Then just get an add a leaf, some shims, and boom - there's your 'Deluxe Suspension Package'.

Guess it depends on what you want to do. If you want the look of a few extra inches, and slightly better than stock capabilities, get something like this kit. Certainly don't run a setup like this kit with any additional armor though and be forewarned of the likely poor ride.

But if you're already considering spending $600. Get an Old Man EMU kit for a couple hundred more. It's a quality, solid enhancement, for beyond stock capabilities, without going to a full blown expensive (but more capable) kit.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK, thanks for all the responses. Thats why this site is so great. I am a noob when it comes to Lifts and i obviously ont wanna get jipped. At first glance i thought i would be getting a good deal on this kit, good thing i didnt waste my money! i will do some more looking around. Updates to come.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
PRG did me right, I called Greg planning on spending a bunch of money and he only sold me what I really needed to accomplish what I wanted. Saved me some $$$.

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
PRG did me right, I called Greg planning on spending a bunch of money and he only sold me what I really needed to accomplish what I wanted. Saved me some $$$.
+1

I know a lot of people complain about greg, but in my experiences with him, he was great. Granted, he did screw up a bit on my order, BUT I called him on the phone, told him his screw up, and while I was on the phone with him he grabbed the parts I needed, boxed them up, and got them ready to ship immediately. Also, the information he told me was spot on. He definitely knows his stuff. However, I have been ordering from Nisstec lately because they ship faster and usually don't mess up orders.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I agree with you JFLEWIS88 it is best to just save up and do it right the first time. I currently have almost 114,000 on my X so i am going to have to replce my leafs anyway. That being said i took KLUNDQUISTs advise and looked into the OME kits. http://www.nissteclifts.com/components/com_virtuemart/shop_image/product/Complete_OME_KIT_4e613fa14116b.jpg is this more up my ally being that i am going to have to replace my leafs anyway. It is pricey but from the first kit i was looking at i learned prices can be deceiving haha or is this overkill.

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
I was thinking more along the lines of the $755 kit, but if you need a full leaf pack replacement anyway and you want shackles, that would be the kit. MED coil for no armor, Heavy if you are, or plan to run armor.

I guess how much lift do you want?

The stock leaf pack kinda sucks anyway, and alcans or dakars would be a nice upgrade.

Alternately though you could price out buying stock leafs and using the AAL that comes with the $750 OME kit.

FYI - with any lift over an inch or so, you'll want to get cam bolts to align the front.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
well when i was getting a rotation the mechanic just mentioned that i needed new rear shocks. so maybe my leafs are ok. (i have not noticed any sag or decrease in ride at all) if i did go with $755 set up and do plan on adding armor i would wanna go with the 608 HD coils correct? from what i understand if i went with the 608s without front armor it would just be a really stiff ride. I would also be purchasing the cam bolts as well. I also noticed that it costs $110 extra to have the coil overs come assembled, is that worth the extra money? And last but not least would i need to get new UCA's? since the kit does not include them im guessing no but what are the pros/cons getting new ones vs. not. I am sorry for all the questions but i have never purchased a lift befor and i just wanna make sure i am doing it righ and getting the most out of my money. Thank you for all the help! and hopefully they have a MIL DISCOUNT :icon_smile: I almost forgot.. with this kit, 33" tires and the weight of a Shrock up front, do you know aboput how much lift ill be looking at?

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
well when i was getting a rotation the mechanic just mentioned that i needed new rear shocks. so maybe my leafs are ok. (i have not noticed any sag or decrease in ride at all)

if i did go with $755 set up and do plan on adding armor i would wanna go with the 608 HD coils correct? Yes

from what i understand if i went with the 608s without front armor it would just be a really stiff ride. Yes, a little jarring.

I would also be purchasing the cam bolts as well. I also noticed that it costs $110 extra to have the coil overs come assembled, is that worth the extra money? Unsure, I'm actually in the process of changing out my shocks this weekend. I'll be taking out the front ones assembled and asking a shop to put the old coil on the new shocks. (Spring compressor at home scare me.) $110 sounds a little high to be honest. Though at most I think its high by like $40 bucks. Either way its worth it to have someone else put the shock together for you. Likely you can do a bit of the work yourself, but I wouldn't personally mess with a spring compressor.

And last but not least would i need to get new UCA's? since the kit does not include them im guessing no but what are the pros/cons getting new ones vs. not. As I understand it you need new upper control arms when there is so much travel that there will be coil contact. The OME kit is a mild kit that I don't believe requires new UCAs - but I would verify that.

I am sorry for all the questions but i have never purchased a lift befor and i just wanna make sure i am doing it righ and getting the most out of my money. Thank you for all the help! and hopefully they have a MIL DISCOUNT :icon_smile: I almost forgot.. with this kit, 33" tires and the weight of a Shrock up front, do you know aboput how much lift ill be looking at? This one I have no clue on.
I can answer a few for you. My comments in red above.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
sounds good thanks for the help again, i will have to contact them to find out about the amount of lift and the UCA's.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts