Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
on line
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you omit/delete the tpms? I think I`m gonna go for the aftermarket wheels after all but don`t want to pay an additional 224+ for the tp sensors. You would need to mate them to your system anyways...PR...

·
on line
3,484 Posts
I have two sets one WO the light comes on off and on, No alarm. I put a spot of clay over the light and go. I leave the sensors on the wheels I use on the highway in the summer the most. My MB's. No way yet to omit, even a dealer can't bypass it. MC

·
on line
204 Posts
i think you can reuse the tpms sensors on your new wheels. i think you just have to go to the dealer to reset the system. i haven't put the sensors into my new wheels yet, i'm used to the tpms light on though.

·
on line
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
2006fronty said:
i think you can reuse the tpms sensors on your new wheels. i think you just have to go to the dealer to reset the system. i haven't put the sensors into my new wheels yet, i'm used to the tpms light on though.
only thing is if I buy the wheels online, I have the tps`s still in the stock wheels/tires and don`t want to really seperate them.

is the light bright, and where is it on the dash?...Thanks...PR...

·
on line
1,320 Posts
when the new wheels get there just take them out of your stock wheels and put them in the new ones when you get the tires mounted... yes you can swap them into the new wheels

·
on line
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lifeinthesouth said:
when the new wheels get there just take them out of your stock wheels and put them in the new ones when you get the tires mounted... yes you can swap them into the new wheels
the new wheels/tires will come assembled and road force balanced...PR...

·
on line
2,081 Posts
Gotta be a way to just disconnect that light and the beeper. Unless that then throws a code!

·
on line
1,320 Posts
Pale Rider said:
lifeinthesouth said:
Gotcha, that def makes for a whole different situation. The light's in the upper left corner... IMO it's not that bright, same as vdc, abs and all those others

·
on line
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lifeinthesouth said:
Pale Rider said:
lifeinthesouth said:
Gotcha, that def makes for a whole different situation. The light's in the upper left corner... IMO it's not that bright, same as vdc, abs and all those others
cool, Thanks...still debating and waiting to here back from Discount tire...PR...

·
on line
844 Posts
it's actually really easy to access the gauges if you want to, pop off the surround, pull back the black plastic with the numbers and such on it, and then put a bit of electrical tape over the back where the light for the tire pressure would shine thru.

·
on line
3,484 Posts
Ya know that might not be a bad idea, Did you do a how to tear up the dash Picture story dragonplayboy? Shame on ya!
The tape will work, My brother pulled the lamp and it does toss a code and still beeps. He had to measure the resistance of a installed lamp, match it and solder in a resistor of that value, naaaaa not me. But the tape sounds cool. Plus, I think the alarm is shared alarm so don't try that.

For the guy getting the new wheels, I might consider removing the sensors and sending them to the tire and wheel place to install in the wheels. Because, once you dismount, you jack up all the balance you paid for and I can just bet they have better maintained machines and more experience than a local shop. Just to get you thinking. If you do Insure them for $500, that is about what they are worth for 4. MC

1 - 11 of 11 Posts