Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
on line
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
where do you think i can find tire deflaters for this weekend. i just thought of them now and monday is already gone. i found Staun deflaters on 4wheelparts.com but the delivery isnt guaranteed. do you think pepboys or autozone would have them cause i dont have any truck performance shops around.

-dan

·
on line
612 Posts
I picked up a tire deflator from Advanced Auto for cheap, it gets the job done. It has the gauge and a bleed button, works for how much I'll really get to use my X the way I want.

·
on line
358 Posts
The Staun's are the only way to go!!!

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Deflating by hand is only fun if it's nice and warm out and you are only letting a couple lbs out.

Last winter drove me to buy a set of Staun's and let me tell you, they are worth the $50!

No more frozen hands, no more bending over. Walk around and screw them on, talk to your buds for a few minutes, walk around again and take them off.

Going from 36PSI to 15psi by hand is a real pain.

·
on line
4,593 Posts
Going from 36PSI to 15psi by hand is a real pain.

Amen, brother!

Just did this, this last weekend.

In the Sierras.

In 1.5' of snow.

27°

Captain Morgan to the rescue. :D

·
on line
1,792 Posts
I'm a Staun convert too. Amazing. 35 to 15, hands free, a minute and a half. And I do this so often, I must have paid for the deflators in time and aggravation alone.

·
on line
3,218 Posts
No comparing Staun deflators to anything else, they're one of those little gadgets once you have you think, what the hell was I doing before these? Suffer once again, order yours, and rejoice when they arrive.

·
on line
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ok , im going to try advance auto parts cause its down the street from me. if i have no luck, im going to bug you steve.

-dan

·
on line
7 Posts
I've had a couple of different types but really love the Stauns. Put them on. Go back to the first one. When the side wall starts to bulge start checking tire pressure. When you get the psi you want take it off. And work your way around to the others. It gives extra time to do those pre-trail things that need to be attended to.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts