Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
on line
13,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I would say im more than happy with my deaver mini pack. It gave me a great lift, improved the ride of my x, and i have much better ground clearence now. So anyone who is thinking about getting them, i give you the thumbs up. You know, cause my opinion counts so much.

·
on line
3,484 Posts
LOL I don't know, but the guy in the other thread I think saved you from tossing your computer out the 3rd floor window, you owe him a Beer at ECXC. It looks good and that's 100% MCampana! Oh, so now I can go back and read what that opinion was! LOL MC

·
on line
853 Posts
I'll second that recomendation of the Deaver mini-pack from PRG. I am really impressed. Greg installed them for me on Friday morning, and I left for a multi-day off road desert trip that evening. By Sunday night I probably had over 650 miles on them, with over 100 of that off road on a combination of soft sand, rocks, graded dirt, what PaulXyZ referred to as a "donkey path" and lots of just plain So Cal desert.

No bottoming out, no vibrations, no shims, no overload spring. I'm still running the stock S-model shocks too (upgrade is next on the list).

·
on line
853 Posts
npgtech said:
How much lift did the Deavers provide?
I forgot to measure before and after, but it seems to be around 2+ inches. It sits pretty level with the lift in front from the TC UCA's and Radflo's.

This is probably not the best photo to illustrate, since I'm accelerating up the hill and weight is significantly shifted to the rear.

·
on line
358 Posts
Did you guys need shims? I'm guessing that you need new U bolts when installing , right?

·
on line
1,667 Posts
if you use the overload leaf with the deavers do you need new u-bolts? is it required to use the overload leaf with the deavers?

i really should ask what comes with the deavers?

·
on line
120 Posts
deaver mini pack

Where can I find the deaver pack on the web?
Deaverspring.com?
I did not find anything for the Xterra on that website>

Thanks for now.

·
on line
120 Posts
mcampana!

mcampana,
I probably want the same setup like yours!
For the rear:
Did you keep the stock shocks?
Did you add any shackles?

In front:
Only top gun spacer?

More questions here:
What is the benefit of the beaver pack?
More onroad?
Offroad?

I originally want something simple like Daystar or Calmini
spacer and shackles setup for medium offroading,
but after some researches here and there I tend to favor
your setup more and more.

Please educate me. Thank you.

S_e_X-Terra,
Thanks for the link too.

·
on line
14,014 Posts
I recently installed the Deavers w/ PRG's 5125 Bilsteins, front PRG spacers w/ NISMO Bilsteins and coils and totally love the ride and look! Greg def advised AGAINST keeping the overload leaf in, not how they were designed to be used. Debating now on putting in the PRG shackles, just not sure if it will give me too much rear lift compared to the front.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
mcampana said:
And once again, if you do a search, you can find the post i made about the deavers and the overload leaf. I called and spoke to a guy from deaver, he explained it all to me.
Was this post maybe lost in the month of data loss we had? I looked at all your posts dating back to the beginning of July and don't see it.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts