Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
on line
Joined
·
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't followed up on this because I ordered new leaf packs from Alcan a few days ago. However, I spoke to Greg at PRG last week and he told that he thought he would have the Deaver mini-packs ready to go sometime this week. Price would be in the ballpark of $150.
 

·
on line
Joined
·
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lifeinthesouth said:
Awesome, thanks for the info!

What are the specs on your Alcan's and how much $$$
I think I paid $220 per pack, but I can't remember exactly what S&H was. Maybe $60-70. I'm running the AC rear shackles, and I'm happy with that height. So I had them build some stock height packs that can hold an extra 200 lbs to accomodate extra weight from sliders (somewhat), rear bumper and gear. You should see how much my stock leafs are drooping since I added the bumper.
 

·
on line
Joined
·
576 Posts
Yeah, my new Alcan springs arrived yesterday to help with my SOA. I had to get them swapped since they sent me 1st gen springs a couple of weeks ago. You might want to make sure they know you have a newer generation Xterra.
 

·
on line
Joined
·
2,938 Posts
dragonplayboy said:
can we tell the newbie what deaver mini pacs are?
I believe they are a set of rear leaf's that are bolted to the bottom of the stock spring pack. The increase lift.
 

·
on line
Joined
·
576 Posts


They don't seem to re-arc the pack like an AAL would. They almost seem like they act like a block to increase lift. If so, how would they increase lift for a SUA vehicle?
 

·
on line
Joined
·
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
PonyBoy said:
Yeah, my new Alcan springs arrived yesterday to help with my SOA. I had to get them swapped since they sent me 1st gen springs a couple of weeks ago. You might want to make sure they know you have a newer generation Xterra.
Thanks, Ponyboy. I was pretty clear about that on the phone. They said that they had sent out a few packs for the 05-06's and talked about the difference (or lack of) between the set up for 1st and 2nd gens. In fact.. they told me that they had just shipped out some packs for a SOA earlier that day. When they said that I wondered if it was you.
 

·
on line
Joined
·
2,938 Posts
I was going to try to install a set of 01 leaf packs on my X when I had the broken spring. I just wasn't too adventerous.
 

·
on line
Joined
·
576 Posts
kokopop said:
I was going to try to install a set of 01 leaf packs on my X when I had the broken spring. I just wasn't too adventerous.
Nope won't work. Everything fits (bushings, bolts, etc) except for the length from the spring hanger to the center pin. It was close, but no cigar.
 

·
on line
Joined
·
2,938 Posts
PonyBoy said:
kokopop said:
I was going to try to install a set of 01 leaf packs on my X when I had the broken spring. I just wasn't too adventerous.
Nope won't work. Everything fits (bushings, bolts, etc) except for the length from the spring hanger to the center pin. It was close, but no cigar.
Good to know. We measured and it looked like it would work.
 

·
on line
Joined
·
576 Posts
Yeah, it seems the over all length of the pack is the same. However, its where the center pin is located from the spring hanger that is different on the 05s. If you wanted to move your axle 2.5" inches back, then yes it would work :)
 

·
on line
Joined
·
2,938 Posts
PonyBoy said:
Yeah, it seems the over all length of the pack is the same. However, its where the center pin is located from the spring hanger that is different on the 05s. If you wanted to move your axle 2.5" inches back, then yes it would work :)
Nope, then I would have some serious rubbing issues as well as I would need to get a Tom Wood Drive shaft.
 

·
on line
Joined
·
1,884 Posts
Here is somethng Jen from PRG said earlier on another post.

As for the Deavers, sorry I didn't see your question the first time. It won't be a complete pack, a "mini pack." Add-a-Leafs are usually a single leaf and are pretty thick and stiff and mount in the middle of the spring pack. The lift comes from adding spring rate. Our mini pack replaces the overload leaf and adds arch to the spring pack without adding a lot of spring rate.

It looks to me like the more curved Deavers replace the straighter stock overload leaf making the overall spring pack rounder, giving more lift and keeping spring rate

 

·
on line
Joined
·
134 Posts
Anybody running the Deavers? I'm going to run coils up front with 1.5" Deavers and shackles in the rear. Just wondering how stiff they make the rear. According to PRG its just a slight increase in spring rate so should still ride well but would like some real world comments.
 

·
on line
Joined
·
15,651 Posts
To be honest, with the coils up front you will probably want some stiffness in the rear, especailly if you remove your swaybar. The rear of my X felt like Jello until I put the AAL on.
 

·
on line
Joined
·
134 Posts
Rear sway bar has been collecting rust in the shed since the day after I bought the truck. I didnt even want to start to get used to the feel of the truck with it on.

After the embarassment I had today I'm ready to pull the rear leafs and just let the shocks do all the work. Hell I think the shocks are already all that holds the ass end up. I had 4 co-workers in my truck heading to lunch and seems that we had to cover just about every pothole and bump in DC. Shouldnt even phase the all mighty Offroad Xterra right? HAHAHA every time I even looked at a bump we felt bump stops. I even slowed to a near stop for a speed bump and it still bottomed out. Think I'll add a little for rush shipping on the new lift.... So yeah, I suppose a stiffer rear would be nice.
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top