Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
on line
13,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan on buying adeaver mini pack fro the back end of my X. I was just wondering who had it and what your experiences were with it. Likes dislikes. I saw turtles the other night and his road great, and they gave him a pretty good lift. So........any other coments anyone can add?

·
on line
3,484 Posts
I rode in an X that had it, I like it, (He has to get vibration fixed with some shims) But I would do that in place of shackles because you retain the factory shackles and they are tucked up nicely out of the way. BTW We set my Daystar next to his Devers and the ride height was the same.
MC

·
on line
3,484 Posts
PacoPico said:
No vibration with mine FWIW
Maybe it's a Stick (MT) thang only, PRG never heard of it either but he is making it right with the guy I am talking about. BTW I like this option better than a shackle lift and I may change over after some sucker does his first and reports in. JK Campanna!

I'm all about retaining as much as stock as you can for the DD. Even on the trial is something breaks, you can pretty quick get her going in stock form pretty quick. MC

·
on line
358 Posts
Where do you buy Deaver springs?

·
on line
3,484 Posts
I asked Turtle to post a picture of his deavers. I was impressed with the look and the ride and height. So everyone get on Turtle and have him post them pictures of that neat option. In fact, I think it could be possible that you can do only the deavers and get nearly same results as a shackle lift and Timbrens. We are about to test it out pretty soon here in Ohio.

MC

·
on line
15,651 Posts
The reason for the same ride height is the fact that the shackles seem to flatten out the stock springs. I had the problem that with my AC shackles, my springs were resting on my overload leaf.

How much are the Deaver packs?

·
on line
589 Posts
From PRG? I got a hold of someone every time I called there, but if you left a message I am sure they will get back to you. Greg is an awesome resource of knowledge and experience and helpful as well.

·
on line
13,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well they just called me back and i ordered my deavers from them. Quick call back. So good deal there. I ended up paying 149. That included shipping. So i think thats a pretty good deal. Greg is it? He really knows his shit, or at least acts like it. He actually saved me from spendingmore money after talking to him!

·
on line
551 Posts
So these Dever spring packs (which by the way I still haven't seen a picture or anything on them) will give you the same lift as the shackles, without flattening out the springs, and possibly stop the bottoming out correct?
Then I presume you would just crank the torsion bars for the front or ???
And the stock shocks would still be OK?
How would this effect towing? Would it stiffen the rear end so less squat?
Silly questions for those that know about these, but I'm still deciding which way to go.

·
on line
13,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
They told me that i wont need new shocks, i wont need new break lines, i will get a better ride, a 1.5 to 2 inch lift. And we dont have torsion bars. You will either need to put in front spacers(like im doing), or new springs or something else. But for my taste, i liked the idea of the deavers in the back, it adds to the ride, how much i can carry and so forth, with out smashing down my springs. So it really makes the truck a better truck. Im putting the spacers inthe front from top guns costomz. They are located in TN, i talked to one of the tech guys there and he seemed to know his shit. So i got the spacers from them. 99 bucks to my door. Lifetime warrenty, the whole deal.

·
on line
238 Posts
Yup, I have the Deavers as mcampana and MC have stated. I'll try and post a picture or two here in the next day or so. Maybe a couple tonight if I can get it done quick enough.

I really like the ride of the Deavers. They have mildly stiffened up the rear end and I have not felt any bottoming with them at all. It's more of a progressive stiffness though meaning not harsh at all. And yes, they do give about 1.5-2" of lift. I got about 1.75-2". They are also a piece of cake to put in.

There are some very mild vibrations on mine, but as stated by MC I have a manual transmission and the drive shaft may be shorter. That is the only thing I can think of that would cause it to be different than other people that have done it as well.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts