Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
on line
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know several people on here are running the Deaver AAL without having removed their stock overload leaf. I never though much of this until now.

Normally, the overload is the shortest leaf, therefore the leaf above flattens out and lays on the overload when there is weight in the back.

With the Deaver AAL, there is now a leaf shorter than the overload above the overload. Now, when there is weight on the back, the shortest leaf flattens out, then the leaf above that flattens out and actually is bent backwards over the leaf under in so that it to rests on the overload.
I realize this isn't bending much, but all that stress is concentrated right at the point where the leaf is being bend around the shorter leaf under it.
Will this cause premature wear/failure of the leaves?

·
on line
13,467 Posts
Ive had my deavers with the overload leaf in for 15k miles now, more than that actually. Offroad, on road, it hasnt made a difference what so ever. I am however going to be removing it so i can instal my prg shackels.

Only problem the overload has ever cause, and to me it wasnt a problem, just a loud noise. I bang the crap out of that leaf on some big ole rocks at ECXC. Other than that, doesnt matter. If you do a SEARCH, i posted what the people from Deaver told me exactly!

·
on line
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mcampana said:
I emailed Deaver, they called me back and laid it all out for me. The deavers are meant to replace the overload leaf. In turn they are there to allow more travel when offroading. BUT....BUT! Leaving the overload spring in will not hurt anything or damadge the deaver mini pack. So its up to all of you. Im leaving it in for my trip to TN. See how it goes, and make up my mind then. But either way, IT DOESNT HURT YOU AT ALL. If i was using the rig to just offroad every other day id take em out for sure. But right now there isnt a big enough reason to take em out.
Gotcha, thanks.

·
on line
2,072 Posts
mcampana, did leaving the overload leaf in give you more than the average 2" lift - pre shackle?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts