Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
on line
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to extend the Warranty on my 05 Xterra Offroad something bumper to bumper for 100,000 miles. I know on Toyota Nation a dealer has offered to give anyone from there an amazing deal on their extended warranty right through Toyota. Anyone know of anyone who does that with Nissan?

Thanks

·
on line
750 Posts
I'd like to hear some options too. The dealer where I just picked up my 06 wanted close to $300 per month to extend the warranty out to 60 months. Ya sure, you betcha.

·
on line
2,459 Posts
If you're serious about doing the extended warranty send me a PM.

My local dealership sells them for dirt cheap to Xterra owners that I refer.

And no, I don't get anything for the referral.

·
on line
1,739 Posts
I pay for mine though my insurance.

$33.50 every six months with a $250 dollar deductable, $50 on glass.

·
on line
3,262 Posts
PaulXyZ said:

Really? I didnt know insurance companies did warranty stuff. So if you blow a front diff your insurance company will pay for everything except the 250 deductable? Would your rates go up after making a claim?

·
Premium Member
9,791 Posts
AZ-Ted said:
The few things I know about extended warranties are:

The price goes up the closer you get to the 36K miles factory warranty. Also, the price goes up depending on the equipment and options you have.
absolutely right. every 12K miles you put on it, the price goes up. If you are interested, PM me for some info. I don't want to post my work phone number online. We do not offer NISSAN brand warranties, but ours are backed by Nationwide insurance. If Wynn's or Royal (the two warranty companies we use) go bankrupt, the policy is still in effect until its expiration. We offer $0, $100, and $200 deductibles. Both companies would prefer you take the vehicle to a Nissan dealership for repairs.

If you are interested, we offer them 3 different ways:

1) stand alone. you pay for the whole contract upfront via check or CC.

2) 0% financing. You pay 10-20% down via CC, then they bill you @ 0% interest for up to 18mths.

3) refinance your car loan. Allows you to wrap the cost into your monthly car payments. This option is good and bad. It helps you to budget for the cost but you end up paying more in the long run because of the interest on the loan. In many cases, our bank can beat the rate you have anyway so it might even save you some $.

Neat thing is, we don't charge any closing costs for the refi service. The bank is US Bank so it's not some small fry bank you have never heard of. The only downside is that US Bank has very strict credit standards. Any credit score under 650 is automatically declined for the refi.

My company is in business for the refi's and we offer warranties and/or gap as extras on the side. That means less markup than most dealers.

·
on line
1,479 Posts
S_e_X-Terra said:
PaulXyZ said:

Really? I didnt know insurance companies did warranty stuff. So if you blow a front diff your insurance company will pay for everything except the 250 deductable? Would your rates go up after making a claim?
I don't think so. I have this current warranty with GEICO. I also had it on my '02 X. When my AC compressor went out I used it with no problems.

·
Premium Member
9,791 Posts
s__dime said:
Iam looking for A Warranty directly through Nissan. No deductible or anything like that.
any particular reason why w/ Nissan directly?

·
on line
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Deltaphi216 said:
s__dime said:
Iam looking for A Warranty directly through Nissan. No deductible or anything like that.
So I can just take it to a dealership like I do now and have things fixed. I despise insurance companies....they are the biggest racket out there!

·
Premium Member
9,791 Posts
s__dime said:
Deltaphi216 said:
s__dime said:
So I can just take it to a dealership like I do now and have things fixed. I despise insurance companies....they are the biggest racket out there!
The warranty doesn't have to be a "NISSAN" warranty for it to be that easy. There are many aftermarket companies whose warranties work the exact same way. When you purchase a warranty at a dealership, most of the time it isn't a ford/nissan/GM warranty. It is a CNA, Wynn's, Royal, WWA, etc.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts