Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
on line
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the Nissan dealership jacking me around is re-opened. That awfuyl grumbling/moaning that my truck is making they now blame on the brush gaurd. The only problem is I put that on 2 weeks after the noise first showed up. Another convient scape-goat for them right now is that it is no longer raining since the seasons has shifted into white powdery precipation instead. SOoooooo my dealerships have now stalled they ability to figure this noise out until atleast March. I am a very patient person, most of the hard time very hard to get worked up about stuff like this. But since They have been jacking me around for 5 months now I am on the verge of getting very un-friendly. Its not in my nature, but it is starting to get old. I told them about possible drive-shaft balance issues since two people have told me that, and they mearly shrugged it off and didnt even check into it. They wait to tell me to take off my brush gaurd until it is 4 degrees outside, they couldnt have bothered to tell me that back when it was 50. The only good thing out of the deal is that my Xterra is now very clean...big whoop

·
on line
246 Posts
Write a letter to Nissan HQ. Read about other doing this about crappy service and have had good results. Prompt too.

·
on line
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah my Dad who has gone the lemon law road before said just starting sending registered mail letters to the HQ so that way I know when I recieve the letters. He said withing a few weeks of doing that I will get some real attention.

·
on line
2,081 Posts
I had a similar problem where they refused to listen to a noise up front due to my exhaust rattling on the hitch receiver at the rear :(

·
on line
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well it really sucks because I really dont want to return the truck to completly stock just so I can prove them wrong...again! I am just tired of going past a Nissan Dealership and having everything suddenly color shift red.

·
on line
1,977 Posts
I took my '06 SE 2wd street machine in for the 3500 mile check.I detailed it the day before.SPOTLESS.I had the tire pressure sensors removed from the original wheels/tires.I put on Zinik Z 12`s.The X came with a rattle in the dash.They told me it would take about 1 1/2 hours for all the work.8 hours and 10 minutes later they told me they couldn`t find the rattle.I`d have to come back again!Lucky for the mechanic and myself,I had been reading a book for most of that time with my reading glasses.So my sight was blurry when the X was ready.The bill was $145. $99.an hour labor.
When I got home an hour later my vision was clear and my car was FILTHY!Covered in dust and dirt.Dirt 2" down the sides of the tires,grease all over the floor mats[carpeted]and the carpet.Grease covering the nerf bars and a spare part in the glove box.Not to mention fingerprints covering the car.And the air bag warning light flashing.My milage had gone down .2.It uaually takes me 4-5 days of stop and go for it to drop that much.
Pissed off didn`t come close to how I felt.I took it back the next day and let them know exactly how I felt.They`re working on that rattle tomorrow.Different mechanic,free rental car,detailing mine.I`ve got a beaut of a letter for Nissan that I`ll send once I get the car back and see the results.
Shadow :violent1:

·
on line
1,977 Posts
Dealership problem

Took my X back to dealer to have the rattle taken care of.Three days to find it.They said it was the body mounting that was rattling.They detailed the car,paid for the car rental and filled the gas tank.[About a half tank.]Real nice to have that rattle gone!Nissan will still get a letter about how they abused my car on the first visit. :cheers:

·
on line
735 Posts
you definitely need to keep the grease off of the carpet and seats, but sometimes I think people expect too much from shops.

you got a guy doing undercar service or trannies and then you want somebody else to test drive it? good mechanics always test their own repairs. the flat rate dealer system encourages speed. Mechanics only wash their hands for lunch , days end, and to take a leak (and not after).

the best thing is to do the small stuff yourself and or don't bring it in for the services before 60k miles.

·
on line
1,977 Posts
When I got the car back there was the standard paper floor protectors on the mats.The way it should be.The first time the passenger mat was covered in greasy footprints along with some spotting on the exposed carpet.I can deal with a spot or two but this was way beyond that.He also left a part in the glove box and left me with the air bag warning light flashing.Not to mention a totally FILTHY car!

·
on line
67 Posts
I know at RanchHand after we install something and the customer wants us to test drive it we get the cleanest person to do it. If you have good mechanics they should know each others work and what they are looking for.

When I get my X, heck even with my frontier right now. If it goes in spotless and comes back filthy Nissan will be getting a letter. A dealership should want you services and should atleast take care of what is not theirs to assure you come back.

·
on line
1,977 Posts
The second time I took it in I took the mechanic for a 15 minute drive so he would know where to start looking.Also to get an idea of who was going to work on my car.I got a good vibe from him and I was right.It still took him 2 1/2 days but it wasn`t my dime.The first guy was immature and hot tempered.I could hear him cursing and slamming tools from the customer lounge.The parts man even asked him if he was having a bad day.

·
on line
844 Posts
seriously dood, call up nissan corporate and elaborate on the story to make you sound like a horrible victim. then get a couple of your buds to do it too, and if still nothing is done, post it up on that website that exposes douche sellers, I can't remember what the name is.

·
on line
1,977 Posts
I`m going to go the letter route first and see what happens.I`m still composing it.I`ve talked to Kal-El on the phone.A righteous dude.Very helpful.Yes,yours is blacker than mine but I`ve had ideas for blackening for years.I`ve had a 01 red X for 5 years.It`s just a matter of time and money. :violent1:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts