1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
on line
316 Posts
Really? BFG AT'S HERE I COME!!!!

·
on line
1,792 Posts
Yeah, as Dan and others posted way back when, the burden of proof legally is on the dealership to demonstrate that a mod could plausibly have caused the part in question to fail. It's good to hear that some dealers admit that (mine does too). A dealer who says "you have 33s on your X so we won't fix your defective stereo" is full of **** and should be challenged and called out.

·
on line
1,208 Posts
(hopin on the bandwagon) Mine didnt either. :)

·
on line
1,792 Posts
Even when there's some relationship between the mod and the damage, say new, larger control arms (what I'm running) and a blown CV, the dealer should still consider seriously the possibility that it's just actuially a bad CV. A diff that blows "because" someone's running 33s? We at thenewx now know that that same diff could well go for someone running stock 265 75s or 265 70s. And it's Nissan's fault, even if the rig is driven pretty hard. Some of the most experienced drivers on this site have blown diffs.

We shoud take the friendly but firm line at the dealer that when we're modded, we're a driving advertisement for the X, we advertise the vehicle everyday on our forums, and many of us treat it with more loving care than a Nissan tech. does. And stronger control arms or bigger tires, within reason, make the X a better truck, plain and simple. Diffs ,and clutches, and driveshaft yokes should be up to those sorts of quality mods, and are in many vehicles around the world.

If I have a stock front end and I blow an original shock after hitting a big pothole with my load of a Shrock bumper and winch weighing down the front, well...that's my bad. I'm pushing the shock beyond tolerance. But lots of this crap the dealers try to pull makes way less sense than that and can be successfully challenged by a confident, knowledgable customer.

·
on line
496 Posts
My dealer installed 33s for me ( 285 ) before taking delivery of the truck, and I traded him my 265s.

·
on line
496 Posts
d-rap said:
zeiter said:
My dealer installed 33s for me ( 285 ) before taking delivery of the truck, and I traded him my 265s.
Wow!

Out of curiosity, what tires are they, and what exact size (I assume 285 75 R16s)?
-You're right, they're LT 285/75R16 and General Grabber AT II . Dealer offered other brands also, as they deal with different tire suppliers, and of course he ordered them, and I paid $ 250 for 5 tires mounted and balanced, since my OE tires were new ( truck had P265-75R16 ) . I bargained the deal with the salesman before buying the truck, and he transfered me to parts department who quoted me the price, and did the install before delivery .

·
on line
2,004 Posts
when I went fishing for dealerships back home. Got one dealer that says he didn't care :) so it's all good

·
on line
15,651 Posts
When my front diff went in April of 06, I had the service manager tell me that they were going to cover the diff, but don't expect it to happen again because I had tires that were two sizes too big. This scared me when I went to get the rear diff replaced, but they didn't say anything. But then again, during that time the dealer became a local club sponsor and I spent a lot more time up there. I really think it depends on the mood of the service writer and your relationship with the dealer.

With something like diff failures or steering failures, it would be easy for them to point at the tires and have a valid point. The argument would be that the OR model comes with 32's, going up to a 33" shouldn't cause any problems.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts