Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rules for Dealership stickies:

1) There is NO dealership bashing. Any bashing posts will be deleted and there are NO exceptions.
2) Stay on course with the format below.
3) If you have questions regarding further detail send the poster a PM.
4) Keep the information as factual as possible.
5) Do not exaggerate on what occurred.

Name of dealership:
Why you brought it in for service/repair:
What happened while you were at the dealership:
Would you go back for future service:
Would you recommend this dealership to your mother:

EXAMPLE 1:
Name of dealership: Nissan of Cornickville
Why you brought it in for service/repair: Check Engine light was on.
What happened while you were at the dealership: Mechanic said I abused my vehicle by taking it into the woods and using it as an SUV. The Check Engine was on due to a branch through the engine. Said it would not be covered under warranty.
Would you go back for future service: No
Would you recommend this dealership to your mother: No

Example 2:
Name of dealership: Nissan of Cornickville
Why you brought it in for service/repair: Weird noise coming from back right wheel well.
What happened while you were at the dealership: Mechanic said that the rear leaf leaf spring was defective and will be replaced under warranty.
Would you go back for future service: Yes
Would you recommend this dealership to your mother: Yes

·
Registered
141 Posts
Name of dealership: Richmond Nissan
Why you brought it in for service/repair: Clunking noise at 60 km/h when accelerating.
What happened while you were at the dealership: Rear driveshaft and transfer case replaced under warranty.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Name of dealership: Southside Nissan (on Marine Drive)
Why you brought it in for service/repair: Clunking noise at 60 km/h when accelerating and go in reverse (again).
What happened while you were at the dealership: Rear driveshaft replaced under warranty.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Name of dealership: king george nissa
Why you brought it in for service/repair: Clunking noise at 60 km/h when accelerating and go in reverse, gas monitor, tried to charge me 700$ for warrant item!!
What happened while you were at the dealership: Tried to charge me for warranty items again,they are all old farts, over priced.
Would you go back for future service,: no
Would you recommend this dealership to your mother: no

·
Registered
576 Posts
Name of dealership: Royal Oak Nissan(Calgary)
Why you brought it in for service/repair: check engine light for FSU.
What happened while you were at the dealership: Advisor said I was beyond the warranty period, he found a recall for the IPDM and told me about the warranty for the radiator/tranny issue. I had them fix the FSU and the recall but told him to not touch the radiator/tranny as I have a by pass.
Would you go back for future service: Yes, I have gone back numerous times.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Name of dealership: Royal Oak Nissan(Calgary)
Why you brought it in for service/repair: check engine light for FSU.
What happened while you were at the dealership: Advisor said I was beyond the warranty period, he found a recall for the IPDM and told me about the warranty for the radiator/tranny issue. I had them fix the FSU and the recall but told him to not touch the radiator/tranny as I have a by pass.
Would you go back for future service: Yes, I have gone back numerous times.

Rafael is the man :rockin:

·
Registered
124 Posts
Name of dealership: TransCanada Nissan(Peterborough, ontario)
Why you brought it in for service/repair: New Tires
What happened while you were at the dealership: New Tires put on, Service engine soon light on, they found a recall on the fuel level sensor and replaced under warranty

·
Registered
378 Posts
Name of dealership: Grande Prairie Nissan, AB, Canada
Why you brought it in for service/repair: buying an used Nissan Titan
What happened while you were at the dealership: They promised to fix broken tail gate hinge pin before taking T home, wasn't done. Was told by their manager that I was twisting the truth when I complained about not have it fixed...

·
Registered
378 Posts
Name of dealership: Half-Way Motors Nissan Limited, Thunder Bay, ON, Canada
Why you brought it in for service/repair: more control panel lights on after hitting a pothole on the road across CANADA, moving from Ontario to BC during a snow storm
What happened while you were at the dealership: They checked X promptly, fixing it for me free of charge wishing me a safe rest of my trip...

·
Registered
192 Posts
Name of dealership: Brasso Nissan
Why you brought it in for service/repair: Oil change/50,000km service
What happened while you were at the dealership: The person I spoke to over the phone said tranny, brake, power steering, diff and transfer case fluids would be changed. Based on cost of fluids alone I let them have at er. Most fluids were not changed only checked. Service manager explained that the transfer case fluid and power steering fluid needed replacement but then claimed they didn't have time to do it so they just didn't change it even though they called to tell me my truck was ready at noon. After sending a negative survey to Nissan Canada the service manager made things right and refunded my ~$400 even though I had complained about the misinformation I was given over the phone when I picked up the vehicle.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Name of dealership: Comox Valley Nissan
Why you brought it in for service/repair: Buying New 2013 S Xterra
What happened while you were at the dealership: Courteous and open to deal, also give lifetime vehicule wash and vacuum.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Name of dealership: Round Rock Nissan
Why you brought it in for service/repair: Factory Weld on the Exhaust Manifold Broke
What happened while you were at the dealership: They said that it would not be covered under warranty because they don't feel like it broke like it should have?? Even though my truck was under 2 years old and under the 36k miles. Repair was $800. I did that before my first car payment was even due. That puts a pleasant taste in someone's mouth.
Would you go back for future service: Absolutely Not.
Would you recommend this dealership to your mother: Not Likely.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Name of dealership: LAUREL NISSAN
Why you brought it in for service/repair: flashing abs/diff loc/tc lights
What happened while you were at the dealership: ran the codes and determined the switch was bad for the diff lock. replaced whole rear axle!! (3,500 miles.)
Would you go back for future service: YES. stood behind the product.
Would you recommend this dealership to your mother:YES

1 - 13 of 13 Posts