Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

Dealership Information

11K views 24 replies 23 participants last post by  MistressOfMayhem 
#1 ·
Rules for Dealership stickies:

1) There is NO dealership bashing. Any bashing posts will be deleted and there are NO exceptions.
2) Stay on course with the format below.
3) If you have questions regarding further detail send the poster a PM.
4) Keep the information as factual as possible.
5) Do not exaggerate on what occurred.

Name of dealership:
Why you brought it in for service/repair:
What happened while you were at the dealership:
Would you go back for future service:
Would you recommend this dealership to your mother:

EXAMPLE 1:
Name of dealership: Nissan of Cornickville
Why you brought it in for service/repair: Check Engine light was on.
What happened while you were at the dealership: Mechanic said I abused my vehicle by taking it into the woods and using it as an SUV. The Check Engine was on due to a branch through the engine. Said it would not be covered under warranty.
Would you go back for future service: No
Would you recommend this dealership to your mother: No

Example 2:
Name of dealership: Nissan of Cornickville
Why you brought it in for service/repair: Weird noise coming from back right wheel well.
What happened while you were at the dealership: Mechanic said that the rear leaf leaf spring was defective and will be replaced under warranty.
Would you go back for future service: Yes
Would you recommend this dealership to your mother: Yes

See less See more
#3 ·
Name of dealership: Korum/Puyallup Nissan
Why you brought it in for service/repair: Tranny flush
What happened while you were at the dealership: Flushed tranny

Name of dealership: Everett Nissan
Why you brought it in for service/repair: funny distributor noise under accelleration
What happened while you were at the dealership: they ordered parts, it was later repaired under warranty (TSB), and only took 45min

Name of dealership: Bremerton Nissan
Why you brought it in for service/repair: tranny service/2* timing advance
What happened while you were at the dealership: serviced tranny, advance timing

Name of dealership: Olympia Nissan
Why you brought it in for service/repair: squeak in driveline (U-joints)
What happened while you were at the dealership: found $2500 worth of problems, many were false/made up (need brakes, I got the brakes done 2mo prior). Told me none of the problems were repairable under warranty (29k on truck). Took the truck to Puyallup who fixed everything under warranty and gave me a Loaner for three days.
Would you recommend this dealership to your mother-in-law: Yes ;)

#4 · (Edited)
Name of dealership: Campbell Nelson

Why you brought it in for service/repair: Oil Change (Brought in my own Mobil 1 Full Syn)

What happened while you were at the dealership: I had a scheduled appointment, but it still took them a little while (10-15mins) to get to my X. Luckily there was a viewing window, and my X was in range, because the mechanic forgot to put in my oil, and just used whatever their cheap-o stuff is. I ran out to the desk to tell him, and the crappy dealership oil was drained, and they poured in my Mobil 1. Giant waste of time. On the plus side, I called it an engine flush. :D

Would you go back for future service: No... while they were polite, and had a clean shop, they were still disorganized, and took forever. I only brought my X in because my back is injured from being rear-ended, and I couldn't do the work myself.

Would you recommend this dealership to your mother: Maybe. They seemed to do a decent job with people who are nott obsessed with their cars and were taking care of routine stuff. (No special requests, like quailty oil) During the time spent there, I didn't see any angry customers/mishaps, and there is a Café-type thing right by the viewing area.

#5 ·
Name of dealership: O'Brien Nissan in Walla Walla, WA
Why you brought it in for service/repair: Sqeaky Belt Tensioner Pulley
What happened while you were at the dealership: I took it in to have the sqeak checked out (knowing about the TSB for the pulley). Parts Dept. ordered part which took a week and a half. Service Dept. scheduled me in and installed it in 45 minutes.
Would you go back for future service: Yes.... Service Manager is a Steelers fan, which is OK in my book!
Would you recommend this dealership to your mother: Yes.... if she had a Nissan

#6 ·
Name of dealership: Power Nissan (Hawthorne, CA)
Why you brought it in for service/repair: Oil Change
What happened while you were at the dealership: First thing out of service writers mouth how all warranty was voided with the suspension lift. First thing out of mine was "It was bought new from dealer as is warranty is still fine". He still tried to convince me otherwise.

#7 ·
Name of dealership: Selma Nissan, Selma CA (Fresno County)
Why you brought it in for service/repair: warranty work on blown front diff
What happened while you were at the dealership: Its where I bought my X and they were pretty good about it since my X was still under warranty (15K). Told me that they would have to get approval but got right on it and it was done in 3 days. Didn't give me any crap about the skids (actually commented favorably). They did loose the key to the wheel locks and had to bust off the back ones and replace all 4 with regular lug nuts but they gave me a whole new set of wheel locks. The only problem I have had with them is that they aren't to familiar with the OR model (mine's an S) when I have asked about interchangeability of parts (I've never seen a new or used OR on their lot).
Would you go back for future service: Yes. They are the closest Nissan dealer by at least 40 miles.
Would you recommend this dealership to your mother: Mom doesn't drive anymore. Too many near-misses with her Rav-4.

#10 ·
Name of dealership: nissan of fife
Why you brought it in for service/repair: vdc and slip light on
What happened while you were at the dealership:found steering angle sensor was bad and covered under warrenty
Would you go back for future service:yes
Would you recommend this dealership to your mother:yes

Name of dealership:nissan of fife
Why you brought it in for service/repair:window rolls up slow
What happened while you were at the dealership:replaced BOTH window regulators under warrenty
Would you go back for future service:yes
Would you recommend this dealership to your mother:yes

#11 ·
Name of dealership:Continental Nissan of Anchorage
Why you brought it in for service/repair: Fuel Gauge Sending Unit Recall, 30K service, Minor other issues.
What happened while you were at the dealership: I was treated with nothing but great service. They even washed and vacuumed the truck at no charge. Derrick Willingham is an awesome person to have in the store
Would you go back for future service: Yes.
Would you recommend this dealership to your mother: Yes, if she owned a Nissan.

#12 ·
Name of Dealership: Lamb Nissan of Prescott Arizona (date summer of 2008)
Why you brought it in for service/repair: Rattling/shuttering, noise/feeling in transmission at 35-45 mph.
What happened while you were at the dealership: Had the certified GTR mechanic with 35+ years of experience ride with me to figure out the problem told him it was the radiator blown out as found on these forums. mechanic didn't believe me till he rode along and felt it for him self, Found the radiator blew out seals and was mixing in to my transmission. I then got the transmission covered under warranty as well as the radiator, which is not covered under the power train warranty, thanks to the dealer.
Would you go back for future service: yes and i did
Would you recommend this dealership to your mother: at that time defiantly any one with a nissan.

Name of Dealership: Lamb Nissan of Prescott Arizona (fall 2009)
Why you brought it in for service/repair: pulsing of the vehicle/ harsh deceleration on cruise control. Also ticking noise coming from air vents when changing from defrost to front blowing air, loud popping noise from rear diff. when power is engaged. Also for a faulty fuel sending unit which was causing the SES light.
What happened while you were at the dealership: Found out the GTR mechanic was retired, had extremely poor service from the lady who i had to schedule an appointment with. Also she gave me the run around saying all those things i explained were normal, i informed her they were not and if a mechanic would be able to ride with me i could better diagnose the problems. she then said "nothing is free and well have to charge a min of 2 hours of labor to ride with you" and it would be a min of 250$. Also was asking 100$ for them to determine what the SES light was, and then when i told her its the fuel sending unit, since i had gotten it coded earlier, she said they had to code it them selves and if it was the FSU then it would be around 475$ for labor and the fsu part. I then told her where to put it, called and reported them to the better business bureau of Arizona and called nissan's HQ kind of center who manages the arizona nissan dealers. One week later i got an apology letter which included the full replacement at no cost to replace and fix the FSU unit, I went to phoenix to get it done.
Would you go back for future service: no i will drive/ tow my X the 100 miles to go to any one in phoenix.
Would you recommend this dealership to your mother: no

#13 · (Edited)
Name of dealership: Power Nissan of Southbay (Hawthorne, CA)

Why you brought it in for service/repair: Replace leaking/worn out shocks

What happened while you were at the dealership: Made appointment in advance, telling them exactly what I wanted done. Take the X in. First they don't believe me that shocks are leaking. Then they agree they should be replaced. Then they call me back at 11am -they don't have the parts in stock and it will take them two days to get them. Pick up the X, take it back on Monday. Go in Monday after work to pick it up. The guy didn't "check it in." They didn't know they had it all day, nothing was done. They gave me a loaner. Come back the next day to pick it up 10 min before the service dept closed. Service guy made a big deal about how it was washed and clean, and done, etc. It was dusk by the time I got it. I realized 5 min after leaving the stealership that they had sprayed it down with water, didn't wash it. Pretty frustrating experience. I would have perhaps forgiven them for the issues (they were short handed due to sick people), if they had offered me something.. oil change, etc.. or even if they hadn't done the lame exaggerated "we washed it for you" bs.

#14 ·
Name of dealership: Bruce Titus of Tacoma
Why you brought it in for service/repair: Crappy rear wiper, routine (free!) oil change, window creaks like its gonna shatter while driving halfway up.
What happened while you were at the dealership: Replaced wiper under warranty! Did free oil change, told me window noise is normal
Would you go back for future service: As long as its free or I know enough not to get ripped.
Would you recommend this dealership to your mother: Yes for routine maintenance, No for certain repairs.

#15 ·
Name of dealership: Surf City Nissan, Huntington Beach 4-2011 (0 mi) :icon_smile:
Why you brought it in for service/repair: Bought Brand New
What happened while you were at the dealership: Everything entailed into buying a new car
Would you go back for future service: YES
Would you recommend this dealership to your mother: YES

Name of dealership:Surf City Nissan, Huntington Beach 4-2011 :icon_smile:
Why you brought it in for service/repair: Addition of receiver and wiring
What happened while you were at the dealership: Had an appt 60min wait and a wash
Would you go back for future service: YES
Would you recommend this dealership to your mother: YES

Name of dealership: Mossy Toyota, Kearny Mesa (San Diego) 2-2012 (16k mi)
Why you brought it in for service/repair: Shifter indicated PARK while dash indicated DRIVE - broken shifter linkage and shifter
What happened while you were at the dealership: Called me to tell me the STEREO INSTALLATION broke the SHIFTER... :tard: Had to make a special trip to see how that was possible. Careful explaining on how the shifter was never touched or needed to be touched to install the radio got the shifter warrantied.
Would you go back for future service: PERHAPS - they were pretty courteous and prompt to diagnose - (make sure they DON'T put a "Tow to Mossy" sticker on your car, I wouldn't have minded if they had asked and I had said ok, but I found it the day after in the door jamb.)
Would you recommend this dealership to your mother: PERHAPS

#16 ·
Name of dealership: Performance Nissan, Everett, WA.
Why you brought it in for service/repair: Bought new Xterra, because they were the only dealer around with 6-speed Xterras. I have had issues with Performance in the past and really didn't want to go there.
What happened while you were at the dealership: High pressure sales tactics. Even after I told the sales manager I would walk if she tried to sell me extended warantees and RainX, she continued to do it. When I got up to leave she started crying. The salesperson also didn't know the difference between an S and a Pro-4X. KNowing what I know now I would have probably gotten the Pro-4x, but he said there was not difference at all in the suspension or gearing.
Would you go back for future service: Never.
Would you recommend this dealership to your mother: Never.

Name of dealership: Campbell-Nelson Nissan, Shoreline, WA.
Why you brought it in for service/repair: Service.
What happened while you were at the dealership: The service takes a while if you are just waiting. I usually drop off and come back later. I also take my GTI to their VW side for maintenance. Always get a free car wash.
Would you go back for future service: Yes.
Would you recommend this dealership to your mother: Yes, and anyone else in the area. I just wish they had 6-speed Xterras there when I was shopping.

#17 ·
Name of dealership: Rairdon's Nissan of Auburn

Why you brought it in for service/repair: Timing Chain whine and U joints

What happened while you were at the dealership: They fixed the my timing chain and U joints. After it was done I had a check engine for a P0011 and I took it back to them, they found a part that is normally not a maintenance item had become brittle and damaged
and the service advisor George and Debbie both said they would take care of me. When they were done I expected to be paying for the work since it wasn't related to what they had done before but when I asked how much was the bill they said "zero". They told me that because of what happened with my truck they will now make it part of their inspection to check the part when they do timing chain work on vehicles.

Would you go back for future service: If it's something that I am unable to do or do not have the time to do definitely.

Would you recommend this dealership to your mother: If my mom drove and she wanted a new car I would tell her to go there just from my experience with their service department.

#18 · (Edited)
Name of dealership: San Leandro Nissan
Why you brought it in for service/repair: 30,000 Mile Service as outlined by the service manual. All fluids to be changed; coolant, trans, xfer, diffs, brake fluid, oil. Multi-point inspection. Rotate Tires. etc. (Even comes with a courtesy wash... but it was raining today)

What happened while you were at the dealership: The service guy that checked my truck in said it was one of the best looking X's he'd seen in awhile. The main Service Advisor I scheduled my appointment with was very friendly, knowledgeable and *sensible* about the practical use of our vehicle type. We shared an agreement on what it means when you buy a vehicle to drive it, and then proceeded to go over in fair detail the maintenance I was looking for and/or what was recommended be done and why. My concerns were heard and my questions answered. Overall I felt the service advice was very straight forward and honest with no hassle or questionable recommendations.

For example: I said I didn't need the rear diff because it was changed at 16k. Asked why and explained a diff skid was installed and the fluid changed with Royal Purple. He said great, np. RP is great stuff and that's one they'd recommend, and then explained briefly the merits of friction something or other while removing that item from the service list. And things like the drive belts likely being fine and not in need of replacing.

Generally I was relieved to find a friendly and quality dealership in the area (I hear they are the #1 Service dept. for GTRs in CA), and also comforted when everything on the truck checked out fine and he told me it was in great shape. I had no real concern of anything being wrong, but that made it all the better.

Would you recommend this dealership to your mother: Yeah, I think so. Except she lives on the east coast... so uhm...

:hello2::iconbiggrin:

#22 ·
Name of dealership: San Leandro Nissan is now Autocom Nissan East Bay and there was a new service manager type guy. I should have left right away.

Why you brought it in for service/repair: 60,000 Mile Service as outlined by the service manual

What happened while you were at the dealership: 60k service was performed well, best I can currently tell anyways. At least all parts (like skidsplates) seemed properly reinstalled, and fluids were at proper levels. However the service manager I dealt with had a bit of that douchness that can't seem to describe. Maybe it had something to do with telling me to just superglue back on the door moulding thats starting to come off, or bull****ting his way through the other questions I asked. I also have reason to believe they are responsible for a cross threaded lugnut after rotating my tires, which I found out recently when having new tires installed. Which does make me wonder what else was messed up that I don't yet know about.

Would you go back for future service: Definitely Not

#19 ·
Name of dealership: Folsom Lake nissan
Why you brought it in for service/repair: replacement of fuel sending unit

What happened while you were at the dealership: I got asked a few questions regarding the work needed to be done. They offered a shuttle service. Got treated well

Would you recommend this dealership to your mother: Yes. I worked with Mike Bench with the service department and was given a fair price for the repair and work was done in a timely manner

#20 ·
ValleyHi Nissan, Victorville, CA

Name of dealership: ValleyHi Nissan, Victorville, CA
Why you brought it in for service/repair: purchase

What happened while you were at the dealership: bought the only Pro-4X I've seen in the vicinity, but they didn't have the SD chip for the nav unit. That's related to the Bluetooth/hands free feature so none of that got sit up. A replacement chip is $150 and they tried using a chip from a different model Nissan. The Nissan Connect site clearly states that the chip must be an Xterra chip.

Would you go back for future service: Jury is out. I'm waiting to see if they make good on the chip they owe me.
Would you recommend this dealership to your mother: She's passed away, but I would recommend them to someone after I briefed them on how things go there.

#21 ·
Name of dealership: Wendle Nissan (Spokane WA)
Why you brought it in for service/repair: Ordered replacement lug nut locks/1 replacement lug nut
What happened while you were at the dealership: Trip one: ordered parts above through dealership parts department on the ford side of the dealership. it was a saturday and the nissan side had closed for the week. Trip two: after being called stating the parts were in, i drove to the dealership to pick up the parts so i could install new tires myself(old lug nut key was lost when X was purchased) they had the single lug nut but not the locking lug nuts. said they were never ordered and had them put on order. trip three: i was at work and my wife had to drive the x in to get the parts, with the new tires in the back of the vehicle and balding tires installed on the vehicle. parts still had not arrived and tires were no longer safe to drive on.(2 months after initial order) they said they would install the tires and do an alignment for 80$ (price of both half off) told them that we just wanted the tires mounted and balanced, said that they would only do both. once it was in their shop it took 6 hours just to mount and balance the tires. didnt get the alignment done and paid them nothing. recieved the new locking lug nuts in the mail 2 weeks later.
Would you recommend this dealership to your mother: Not even to my mother in law.

#23 ·
Name of dealership: Nissan of Bakersfield

Why you brought it in for service/repair: Because I'm lazy and I buy my own stuff and then pay them 10 dollars to do the service and a car wash.

What happened while you were at the dealership: I've taken my Xterra here at least 4 times since I've owned it. I usually buy my own oil, filter, and other parts and then just pay them the 10 bucks to do the dirty work. Plus they wash it. They are always very nice and never give me grief or try to upsell me on anything.

Would you go back for future service: Yep

#24 ·
Name of dealership: Nissan of Bakersfield

Why you brought it in for service/repair: Because I'm lazy and I buy my own stuff and then pay them 10 dollars to do the service and a car wash.

What happened while you were at the dealership: I've taken my Xterra here at least 4 times since I've owned it. I usually buy my own oil, filter, and other parts and then just pay them the 10 bucks to do the dirty work. Plus they wash it. They are always very nice and never give me grief or try to upsell me on anything.

Would you go back for future service: Yep
I might ... MIGHT ... consider entrusting my truck to a dealership mechanic if I could get a $10 flat labor rate. How does one go about getting that?

#25 ·
I have no idea, honestly. I just called them up and asked them to quote out what it would be if I brought my own stuff and when they came back with the amount I was pretty much floored. It literally costs me less to take my truck to the dealer for an oil change (with all of my own stuff) than it would to take it to a full service car wash for just a cleaning. I'm having it done today, but I'm gonna buy a filter this time, so I'll update you on the actual price.

I don't know that I would go there for any bigger projects, but for an oil change/tire rotation, it's worth what I save on time and laziness. I almost feel guilty about it to be honest. Not guilty enough to pay for Royal Purple at their rate though. LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.