Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
on line
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rules for Dealership stickies:

1) There is NO dealership bashing. Any bashing posts will be deleted and there are NO exceptions.
2) Stay on course with the format below.
3) If you have questions regarding further detail send the poster a PM.
4) Keep the information as factual as possible.
5) Do not exaggerate on what occurred.

Name of dealership:
Why you brought it in for service/repair:
What happened while you were at the dealership:
Would you go back for future service:
Would you recommend this dealership to your mother:

EXAMPLE 1:
Name of dealership: Nissan of Cornickville
Why you brought it in for service/repair: Check Engine light was on.
What happened while you were at the dealership: Mechanic said I abused my vehicle by taking it into the woods and using it as an SUV. The Check Engine was on due to a branch through the engine. Said it would not be covered under warranty.
Would you go back for future service: No
Would you recommend this dealership to your mother: No

Example 2:
Name of dealership: Nissan of Cornickville
Why you brought it in for service/repair: Weird noise coming from back right wheel well.
What happened while you were at the dealership: Mechanic said that the rear leaf leaf spring was defective and will be replaced under warranty.
Would you go back for future service: Yes
Would you recommend this dealership to your mother: Yes

·
on line
1,123 Posts
Name of dealership: Empire Lakewood Nissan
Why you brought it in for service/repair: Safety check after my X was stolen and recovered.
What happened while you were at the dealership: Had them replace all the driveline fluids while they had it. They were easy to deal with an honest. Didn't say anything about my mods voiding the warranty.
Would you recommend this dealership to your mother: Yes, if she didn't live in NY.

·
TNX Administrator
20,252 Posts
Name of dealership: Melloy Nissan of Albuquerque, NM
Why you brought it in for service/repair: The 4WD, BRAKE, ABS, SRVC ENG SOON, VDC OFF, SLIP lights were all illuminated. I tried re-starting several times, but no luck. And upon further driving I noted that the Speedometer, Odometer, Trip Mileage Counter and Curise Control didn't work either.
What happened while you were at the dealership: After 2 hours trouble-shooting with Nissan Help Tech via phone, it was accertained that the ABS Control Unit was inoperable. Part Number that was actually replaced was; 47660ZP30C, (Electrical - Abs components - Actuator assy - W/traction control), 4WD 2005 - 2006. Unit cost $1,007.01, but luckly it was covered by the warranty.

·
on line
10,133 Posts
Name of dealership: GO Nissan 104th - Federal Heights, CO
Why you brought it in for service/repair: Ticking sound, Leaky T-case seal, Trans & Rad flush
What happened while you were at the dealership: Had them check out the ticking sound after I couldn't track it down. They say it's the gasket between the header (DT) and exhaust - I'm going to DIY. Also, they replaced the T-case seal and flushed the rad & trans.
Would you recommend this dealership to your mother: Sure, if she were alive.

Comments - These guys rock. MOD friendly. They were pretty psyched to see what I have done to my X. Thanks to Sean (Robust) for the referral.

·
on line
913 Posts
Name of Dealership: Empire Nissan, Lakewood Co
Why you brought it in for service/repair: Gave me a First Gen Spare
What happened while you were at the dealership: They swapped out for a steel rim spare, AND swapped out the spare tools under the back seat, as mine were apparently for a Pathfinder.
Would you recommend this dealership to your mother: If she could drive, and was here in Co... Yes

I bought the X used well over a month ago, I went over the 3K 30 day thing in the first week and a half... but they still made the deal right. While I was there, the owner/manager? came over and asked me about my rims, and my bumper... (Stealthed) they wanted to know how I did it, and was it easy... I told them... the guy then said to the kid who was swapping out my spare... do you want to do some like this? He said how many... He said, I don't know... 7 or 8!!! So I think that stealthing is definitely going to have a following.

·
on line
626 Posts
Name of dealership: Go Nissan on 104th (North West Denver)
Why you brought it in for service/repair: Told them my engine sounded like a turbo was installed, thought it was my timing chain, it was
What happened while you were at the dealership: Dealer replaced timing chain under warranty, had to pay for a new serpentine belt as mine was in rough shape
Would you go back for future service: For warranty service, YES. Outside of warranty prolly not, it's 45 min from my place and there is a Nissan dealer <5 miles from my place.
Would you recommend this dealership to your mother: Yes, mod friendly, recommend also by Creek and Robust57

·
Registered
656 Posts
NAME OF DEALERSHIP:Woodman Nissan of Colorado Springs
WHY YOU BROUGHT IT IN FOR SERVICE/REPAIR:SES light, and VDC/ slip lights came on
WHAT HAPPENED WHILE YOU WERE AT THE DEALERSHIP:The tech ran the codes for free(I guess it usually costs $100), then cleared all codes. He also replaced the EVAP canister as per a service bulliten, or something like that
WOULD YOU GO BACK FOR FUTURE SERVICE:Yes
WOULD YOU RECOMMEND THIS DEALERSHIP TO YOUR MOTHER:Yes

·
on line
1,561 Posts
Name of dealership: Boulder Nissan
Why you brought it in for service/repair: engine whine (timing chain).
What happened while you were at the dealership: They knew right away it was the timing chain and it was a warranty repair. They were easy to deal with. Didn't say anything about my mods voiding the warranty. Had no problem with the Schrock skid. They checked parts prior to scheduling me and had to order some. Took one day.

·
on line
767 Posts
Name of dealership: Tynan's Nissan in Fort Collins
Why you brought it in for service/repair: pulley pretensioner went out
What happened while you were at the dealership: They at first couldnt find any warranties for my truck. After several hours/phone calls between Tynan's Nissan and Boulder Nissan, Tynan's Nissan was able to only find my used vehicle warranty and not my 60 month/60000 mile bumper to bumper warranty. Charged me $50 to do work that should have been covered for free.
Would you go back for future service: Never
Would you recommend this dealership to your mother: Never in a million years. Go to Boulder Nissan instead.

·
on line
1,561 Posts
:notworthy:
Name of dealership: Boulder Nissan
Why you brought it in for service/repair: faulty fuel guage (FSU)
What happened while you were at the dealership: They knew right away it was the FSU and it was a warranty repair, '07 with 35k miles. They were easy to deal with. Didn't say anything about my mods voiding the warranty. Had no problem with the Schrock skid, no charge for them to remove/attach it. Took one day.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Name of dealership: Larry Miller Nissan they moved to C470 and Lucent
Why you brought it in for service/repair: Oil change and tune up
What happened while you were at the dealership: They loved my Rig
Would you recommend this dealership to your mother: yes

·
Registered
7 Posts
Name of dealership: Empire Nissan at Lakewood
Why you brought it in for service/repair: Looking for new car
What happened while you were at the dealership: They quote the price close to MSRP.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Name of dealership: Coulter Nissan of Surprise, AZ
Why you brought it in for service/repair: (1)Automatic shifter was sticking making a clicking sound. (2) Turn signal switch not resetting.
What happened while you were at the dealership: They replaced the turn signal switch and the shifter assembly. Also replaced my engine mounts since the warranty was about to expire.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Name of dealership: Reliable Nissan (Albuquerque)
Why you brought it in for service/repair: MISC 30k Service Items, leaking rear diff cover, headlight delamination at top of driver's side headlight
What happened while you were at the dealership: I put together an "ala carte" menu of 30k items to avoid the various zak additive products that this dealer uses in their "premium" service. They were to replace the driver's side headlight under warranty and service the rear diff since the cover was leaking slightly (not damaged). They performed the 30k service exactly as their "service menu" states, additives and all. They fixed the rear diff leak under warranty, and part they ordered for the headlight was the wrong one so I have to return for service when that part arrives. I received a $50 credit on my bill since I didn't request the ZAK products, but several services that I did not request were performed.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Question about Peoria Nissan dealership near Phoenix, AZ:

Anyone had any experience with this place? They have a used Xterra I am considering. Their Yelp reviews are terrible - a line of one-stars, mostly about dishonesty, and some about incompetence of service.
It seems both could affect the sale of a used car, if true.

Any data about trustworthiness of Peoria Nissan?

·
TNX Veteran & LPM
7,842 Posts
Name of dealership: Brenner Nissan, Carlisle Pike, Mechanicsburg, PA
Why you brought it in for service/repair: I had the Air Bag recall done. Nothing major.
What happened while you were at the dealership: Exactly what I went in for.
Would you recommend this dealership to your mother: No, because she owns a Buick :p

·
Registered
370 Posts
Question about Peoria Nissan dealership near Phoenix, AZ:

Anyone had any experience with this place? They have a used Xterra I am considering. Their Yelp reviews are terrible - a line of one-stars, mostly about dishonesty, and some about incompetence of service.
It seems both could affect the sale of a used car, if true.

Any data about trustworthiness of Peoria Nissan?

I bought my first Xterra from there back in 07. Havent been back.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Name of dealership: Empire Nissan, Lakewood Co
Why you brought it in for service/repair: Battery cable (warranty)
What happened while you were at the dealership: Replaced cracking cable

1 - 18 of 18 Posts