Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
on line
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rules for Dealership stickies:

1) There is NO dealership bashing. Any bashing posts will be deleted and there are NO exceptions.
2) Stay on course with the format below.
3) If you have questions regarding further detail send the poster a PM.
4) Keep the information as factual as possible.
5) Do not exaggerate on what occurred.

Name of dealership:
Why you brought it in for service/repair:
What happened while you were at the dealership:
Would you go back for future service:
Would you recommend this dealership to your mother:

EXAMPLE 1:
Name of dealership: Nissan of Cornickville
Why you brought it in for service/repair: Check Engine light was on.
What happened while you were at the dealership: Mechanic said I abused my vehicle by taking it into the woods and using it as an SUV. The Check Engine was on due to a branch through the engine. Said it would not be covered under warranty.
Would you go back for future service: No
Would you recommend this dealership to your mother: No

Example 2:
Name of dealership: Nissan of Cornickville
Why you brought it in for service/repair: Weird noise coming from back right wheel well.
What happened while you were at the dealership: Mechanic said that the rear leaf leaf spring was defective and will be replaced under warranty.
Would you go back for future service: Yes
Would you recommend this dealership to your mother: Yes

·
on line
31 Posts
Name of dealership: Nissan on Nicholasville in Nicholasville, KY
Why you brought it in for service/repair: Gas door spring
What happened while you were at the dealership: Mechanic popped the spring back in using pliers.. I tried and couldn't but he made it look pretty easy.
Would you go back for future service: Depends on the problem
Would you recommend this dealership to your mother: Probably not.. They did some shady things with the financing

·
on line
217 Posts
Regal Nissan of Huntsville, AL

Name of dealership: Regal Nissan. Huntsville, AL
Why you brought it in for service/repair: SES Light and TPMS recalibration.
What happened while you were at the dealership:The light was for my evap purge valve...I knew that already but was worried that the dealership would void my warranty because my x had been submerged in mud halfway up the doors inside and out. but they were all really cool, all the techs love my xterra and they didnt say anything about mud or anything.
Would you go back for future service: Yes
Would you recommend this dealership to your mother:Yes

·
Registered
56 Posts
Columbus Nissan

Name of dealership: Columbus Nissan (Columbus, Ms)

Why you brought it in for service/repair: Strong vibration in rearend, with transmission slippage, and wet floorboard.

What happened while you were at the dealership: I was told that the vibration was not there and my (aftermarket as he called it) shocks were to blame. They were bought from a member here pulled from a 2012 Pro 4X. Also said that the slipping was because my load was too heavy, I should mention that I tow 16ft bass boat.

Would you go back for future service: With my lawyer

Would you recommend this dealership to your mother: See above

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Name of dealership: Moore Nissan, Bessemer AL

Why you brought it in for service/repair: Had to see about getting the thermostat replaced

What happened while you were at the dealership: They told me that it was because I offroaded that it broke. I told them that was impossible, and he claimed something about how mud could get in there or something. (Which is completey impossible!) I informed him about the Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act and how I didnt think that "offroading" was the cause. He got pissed, and literally told me to "Please leave. we are done here" LOL

Would you go back for future service: With a lawyer...

Would you recommend this dealership to your mother: Heck no.

·
on line
10,980 Posts
what's the point of this thread if there is no dealer bashing allowed?
Also, it has always been my interpretation that bashing=ranting/flaming ... however, that an honest, reasoned account of a negative experience does not fall under that description (for example, I would not consider the account above your post to be 'bashing').

I'd say further confusion/discussion should probably be clarified by a mod/admin ... what I wrote above is only the opinion of one guy.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Ya I wasn't bashing them, I just want people in the southeast to know I had a bad experience. I've been there before, cause its right near my house, and had good experiences dealing with their parts department. By their service department is apparently lacking. Idk...
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 9 of 9 Posts