Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
on line
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rules for Dealership stickies:

1) There is NO dealership bashing. Any bashing posts will be deleted and there are NO exceptions.
2) Stay on course with the format below.
3) If you have questions regarding further detail send the poster a PM.
4) Keep the information as factual as possible.
5) Do not exaggerate on what occurred.

Name of dealership:
Why you brought it in for service/repair:
What happened while you were at the dealership:
Would you go back for future service:
Would you recommend this dealership to your mother:

EXAMPLE 1:
Name of dealership: Nissan of Cornickville
Why you brought it in for service/repair: Check Engine light was on.
What happened while you were at the dealership: Mechanic said I abused my vehicle by taking it into the woods and using it as an SUV. The Check Engine was on due to a branch through the engine. Said it would not be covered under warranty.
Would you go back for future service: No
Would you recommend this dealership to your mother: No

Example 2:
Name of dealership: Nissan of Cornickville
Why you brought it in for service/repair: Weird noise coming from back right wheel well.
What happened while you were at the dealership: Mechanic said that the rear leaf leaf spring was defective and will be replaced under warranty.
Would you go back for future service: Yes
Would you recommend this dealership to your mother: Yes

·
on line
13 Posts
Name of dealership: Uftring Nissan Peoria, IL
Why you brought it in for service/repair: Engine cranking for extended period prior to starting
What happened while you were at the dealership: Fuel pump was bad <10k miles, dealer replaced pump and provided a loaner

Why you brought it in for service/repair: Passenger side window was rattling when partially rolled down
What happened while you were at the dealership: Window regulator was bad, replaced under warranty (same time as the fuel pump).

Why you brought it in for service/repair: Asked for a tire rotation while in for the above two issues, paid $20.
What happened while you were at the dealership: I wanted the OEM tires rotated because the front tires were cupping slightly from normal wear, slightly cupped tires were still on the front when I picked it up (didn't notice it for a couple days). Never called about it and replaced OEM tread with Cooper Discoverer S/T's shortly there after

Name of dealership: Davis Buick Pontiac GMC Canton, IL
Why you brought it in for service/repair: Bought replacement tires
What happened while you were at the dealership: Made an appointment for mounting tires when I ordered the new treads; showed up for the appointment, sat around for 20 minutes when they came and told me that the tires were not in :sad3:. Through a "miscommunication" between the distributer and the dealer, the Load range D tires that I wanted would be 4-6 weeks, so the parts manager offered the Load range E tires to me at the same price. He was also giving me $200 for the P265/70R16 BFG's that were coming off (13K miles). A week later I got my new LT265/75R16 Load E Coopers mounted. They ****ed up the paint on the rims around the edge a little and two of the TPM valve stems were leaking, but that was an easy fix and I am happy.
Would you go back for future service: Yes, for tires
Would you recommend this dealership to your mother: Yes, for tires

·
on line
685 Posts
Name of dealership: Habberstad Nissan, Huntington NY
Why you brought it in for service/repair: Burnt clutch teaching myself to drive stick
What happened while you were at the dealership: Even though it was clearly my fault, they only made me pay for parts not labor, and they got me a rental because their head tech was out for 3 days. They also replaced the wheel lock for free, despite the fact that the shop that did my rims prob lost it.
Would you go back for future service: Yes, their wait times are bit crazy, but it's worth it for good service.

I just hit 45k miles and these are the only real issues I've had w/ the X. I love this truck.

·
on line
379 Posts
Name of dealership: Gordie Boucher Nissan - West Allis, WI
Why you brought it in for service/repair: 30k service, warranty repair and more.
What happened while you were at the dealership: Charles (Asst. svc mgr) helped put together a package deal at a fair price for the 30k service. Later when I needed to replace my LCAs, he met & beat internet pricing on parts & discounted labor fees.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Name of dealership: Saint Charles Nissan IL
Why you brought it in for service/repair: CEL with cracked catalitic converter
What happened while you were at the dealership: Looked at it, decided it would be covered under the cat. 80k warrenty with a new A/F sensor as it was stuck in the pipe. (im guessing thats the 02 sensor but thats what they were calling it)
They also tried to sell me a new rear driveshaft because the u-joint isnt replaceable which i thought was odd but oh well. didnt do that.
They got me a rental car as they were keeping the truck over night.
Would you recommend this dealership to your mother: Yes, but she loves her ford too much

·
on line
6,649 Posts
Why you brought it in for service/repair: Needed Cam Bolts (no service)
What happened while you were at the dealership: Called up "Tony" in the parts department yesterday. He said they were out of stock on the Cam Bolts and they wouldn't be in till Friday or Monday. I said "damn..I'm installing my lift tomorrow (today)." He said, sorry man...He then took my # and said he'd call as soon as they came in. Well, I got a phone call at 9:45AM TODAY from Tony saying after we hung up he "worked his magic" and got them overnighted and had them for me this morning. Now that's customer service...I didn't ask him to do that. He just did it voluntarily. :thumbup:

·
on line
1,431 Posts
oh and post it under the Pacific "Dealership Information" since I assume this didn't occur in the East North Central region since you are listed as located in Southern California.

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
Name of dealership: Bill Kay Nissan in Downers Grove, IL
Why you brought it in for service/repair: Various checkups and repairs, including front hub replacement. Also went in for repair due to squealing noises coming from engine bay.
What happened while you were at the dealership: Dealer had no problem with modifications. I had suspension and body lift and wheels spacers at the time. (I also took some time to clean off most of the mud) they fixed my hubs under warranty. Also fixed the squealing- apparently it was an oil filter issue..?

·
on line
391 Posts
Name of dealership: Conicelli Nissan in Norristown, PA
Why you brought it in for service/repair: Truck stalled and then wouldnt start, had to get it towed in, the IPDM went bad under recall
What happened while you were at the dealership: Replaced the IPDM and then told me that my battery and battery terminal were the reason it wouldnt start, not the IPDM. He quoted me 156 for a new battery and connector, i said no just jump it, he told me it wouldnt start if i shut it off, i said that's ok i'll deal with it. normal charge is $40 for battery diagnostic, they charged me $20 even though i didnt ask for it.
Would you go back for future service: no
Would you recommend this dealership to your mother: no

·
Registered
54 Posts
Name of dealership: Northshore Nissan Highland Park, IL
Why you brought it in for service/repair: Oilchanges, replace radio and amp kept going out on long trips.
What happened while you were at the dealership: whatever you tell them they will do it.
Would you go back for future service: yes

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
Name of dealership: Bill Kay Nissan in Downers Grove, IL
Why you brought it in for service/repair: Various checkups and repairs, including front hub replacement. Also went in for repair due to squealing noises coming from engine bay.
What happened while you were at the dealership: Dealer had no problem with modifications. I had suspension and body lift and wheels spacers at the time. (I also took some time to clean off most of the mud) they fixed my hubs under warranty. Also fixed the squealing- apparently it was an oil filter issue..?
I'd like to take this post back. I have kept going back to this dealership but increasingly I've had more problems with them.

On two separate occasions I got the X back with broken pieces sitting in my cup holder or driver's seat, and no one had the nerve to tell me what happened.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts