Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
on line
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what solvent can you safely use to remove those annoying dealer stickers they always put on new cars.
mine has afew letters partially coming off & looking really raggy sitting under the fine Xterra badge.Mine are like raised silk screened.
of course not damaging the paint.

·
on line
191 Posts
I worked in a bike shop for years, we called this substance "Sticker Cheese" Those citrus based cleaners work really well too.

·
on line
735 Posts
That is one thing the western most states don't have...I wouldn't accept delivery of a car if they tattooed it with their advertising. I even throw out their lic plate frames. Everybody knows the dealer isn't poop..it's not like they made the car.

I remember seeing a dealer from Colorado; Bert or Burt Chevrolet I think..they used to drill and rivet their logo on new cars..even Vettes!

·
on line
1,574 Posts
xyloc
no joke, itll come off in seconds with out doing any damage acetone based substances can.

·
on line
45 Posts
That's for the dealer sticker... what about the nissan logo? I've thought about takin the badges off, same thing or are they different?

·
on line
45 Posts
I was thinking more of "SE" and "Xterra" I like the burger logo, heh.

·
on line
255 Posts
hair dryer, floss, fingernails, followed by bug and tar remover.
THEN once it is all off, turtlewax soap and water to clean the general area,
once it is rinsed and dried,
I wax the area as I have probably removed any protection there was on the paint.

·
on line
1,479 Posts
Do you need to wet it before you hit it with the hair dryer?

·
on line
113 Posts

called an eraser wheel. chuck it up in an air drill or die grinder and it will remove any sticker or bumper sticker or pin striping without messing up your paint. They can be gotten at auto body supply or auto paint supply shops. I have used them on aircraft and they definately DO NOT mess up the paint.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts