Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
on line
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
voids all of the warranty on the truck.....instantly....

though she did say i can fight nissan on it though, but any mod to the suspension will void all the major warrantys... like engine, tranny, diffs, etc.

·
on line
294 Posts
your dealer is a liar and a cheat

·
on line
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah, they bite.....

but the closest one after them is like 10 miles or more.....like 30 minute drive. they are like 5 minutes away from my work..

i dropped it off this morning at 9:30 for a rattle diagnosis for the rear cargo area by the passenger side window. I just called to check status and they haven't even pulled it in yet. i am picking it up at 2pm because my company closes then and i just don't feel like hanging around 3 hours in the dealer waiting area for them to tel me that they have to order a part....

they are total liars and cheaters in my book, but what can you do??? deal with it i suppose...

·
on line
294 Posts
i'd gladly drive 20 miles away for a good dealer, which is about how far i do to avoid conversations like that.

·
on line
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the support!!!!! And the sanity check.

-Bill

·
on line
735 Posts
Dealers never say what they mean..allow me to translate:

"Nissan doesn't pay squat on warranty repair so if we can find a way to get full book rate, we will"

"If you came in for full price alignments, a service or bought some tires from us, we might hook you up if you have a questionable claim in the future"

·
on line
2,248 Posts
mike100 said:
Dealers never say what they mean..allow me to translate:

"Nissan doesn't pay squat on warranty repair so if we can find a way to get full book rate, we will"

"If you came in for full price alignments, a service or bought some tires from us, we might hook you up if you have a questionable claim in the future"
Ditto. The labor rate they earn from the factory from warranty repair isn't even close to what their shop labor rate is for all other work.

·
on line
4,495 Posts
^^^Now thats funny!^^^

Warranty work is billed on how long Nissan says something should take. Say you have to swap out the flux capacitor, Nissan's book says it should take 1.325 hours of work to get done. Yet the tech had to work on it 6.754 hours because of some difficulty. He still only gets paid the 1.325 book hours. Thus making it better off for him and the dealership to deny warranty because they'll make more.

Oh and in theory, larger tires COULD void a engine/tranny warranty. The tires require more work to move thus straining the parts which cause premature wear. See, I could be a service manager because I can manipulate what ever I want to make it fit the bill. Now of course they'd have to prove that that is what caused the failure.

·
on line
776 Posts
silverflash said:
yeah, they bite.....

but the closest one after them is like 10 miles or more.....like 30 minute drive. they are like 5 minutes away from my work..
Does it really take you 30 mins to drive 10 miles? If so you prolly wont need any warranty work done to your truck, lol... :drunken:

·
on line
735 Posts
an hour job might pay .3 hours under warranty. Instead of a couple hundred dollars worth a labor on a drivetrain job, the mechanic and dealership have to fight over $60 that Nissan would pay on a warranty claim.

They will take some squeaks and rattles and electrical stuff because they have to. Other jobs, if the mechanic is good, can be beat on book rate and the guys can still make money. Certain jobs, like heavy line engine repair are money losers, especially when on partial rate.

Guys make money, but there is a human factor that varies with each shop. The service managers are trying to spread the gravy around to each tech so as to not get hit upside the head with a torque wrench. They can't keep giving shit-ass warranty claims to one guy. It is also possible that the shop might only have one guy who really does transmissions or gear setup and repair, so if he is having a bad week, the service writer would push off warranty work if he could find a way to make you eat it and pay for it.

The mechanics job is to fix stuff at the highest possible rate and benefit to him and the service writers job is to argue with the customer and herd and wrangle mechanics to get some work done. There might be a service mgr in the mix too. Commission work is flawed, at best

·
on line
1,361 Posts
mcampana said:
Its billed by the length of the service managers penis, and how far he can cram it up your poop shoot when they deny the warrenty.
ba ha ha ha waa ha ha

·
on line
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Re: Dealer just told me: ANY mods like bigger tires or lift.

silverflash said:
voids all of the warranty on the truck.....instantly....

though she did say i can fight nissan on it though, but any mod to the suspension will void all the major warrantys... like engine, tranny, diffs, etc.

NISSAN North America called me from the office of Mr Childs... They told me that if the lift was improperly installed and the component that failed, failed due to the lift/mods, then it would be denied. Our warranty will not be automatically voided just because of a lift. The dealers are their eyes and ears they said and if we disagreed with the 1st dealers reponse, get a second opinion.

So it looks like merely installing the lift won't void anything. If you install the lift what can possibly break easier? I am talking a spacer/shackle lift all around and that's it...probably keep same size tires at least in the beginning. To me, a lift in the rear would be componsated for by shims, right? The front, just the axle shafts change angle right? Could that cause a diff failure in front? I can't see that. I can see maybe the axle shafts having an issue???? thoughts???

1 - 20 of 33 Posts