Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sad end to my X back in February - a 19 yr old kid ran a red light during my left turn. BAM. First accident ever, but the X did it's job.

I was ok, but there was 14k worth of damage to the body and frame. Insurance has been absolute nightmare, so I ended up giving up fighting after 7 weeks and took the repair settlement. I just bought a used Pro so I'm back in business. Thought you guys might enjoy(?) the sad, low-quality pics ...

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
wow... doesn't look like 14k worth of damage, but what do i know?? glad your ok !! how bad was the damage that you can't see in the dark?

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Insert generic "that'll buff out" or "you should see the other car" comments here.

But seriously, how did the other car fair? What was it?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ha! yeah, I didn't expect the damage to be extensive either, but the frame moved 8" sideways, 2" back, past the impact zone, and the hood and panels were messed up as well.

As for insurance, I wanted them to total it, but they used flawed logic (IMO) to determine the value, so there was a 1k difference between the repair+salvage cost and what they thought the value was, so they insisted it be repaired ... I just worried about potential long-term issues with electrical and frame, not to mention the value after the accident. I fought them for 7 weeks, talked to a half dozen managers that wouldn't budge, so I just gave up. Very, very frustrating.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the other car was an older sedan; he was flying through the intersection trying to make the light - he hit me, hit another car, and ended up on grass about 75 feet away. And some parts of my bumper were 75 feet down the road as well.

But he put on his police report he was only going 41. :scratch: :angry5:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts