Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
4,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 4 100watt KCs on the roof. Wire up with 2 separate wiring harness that go to 2 separate switches (driving lights vs spot lights). Everything is wired to an auxiliary fuse box, with main fuse under the hood that goes to the battery. I didn't cut a single corner on my install. It's all solid and hasn't missed a beat in months. They worked last weekend. I had my door removed/fixed/dents pulled Monday at the shop. Got it back Wednesday and the lights don't work.

The body shop said my battery didn't die (radio stations are correct so this is a true statement) but it got very close to dead. My VDC light was on when I started the truck but went off after driving a few feet.

All fuses are good. Wiring looks just like it always has. Switches are illuminated in the dash. They're simply not turning on. Ideas?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
are any of your wires run close to the door that they worked on??? they might of pinched and broke one of the wires from your wiring harness when they removed/re-installed the door

and did you check if your actually getting power to the positive wires at the lights?

·
Registered
6,919 Posts
What kind of connections are you using? My Rigid lights stopped turning on - checked everything, replaced the (good) fuse, then found out that I hadn't crimped the primary power to the switch very well, and the wire had simply just slipped out of the terminal, but not out of the insulation (so it looked like it was still there).

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
I have 4 100watt KCs on the roof. Wire up with 2 separate wiring harness that go to 2 separate switches (driving lights vs spot lights). Everything is wired to an auxiliary fuse box, with main fuse under the hood that goes to the battery. I didn't cut a single corner on my install. It's all solid and hasn't missed a beat in months. They worked last weekend. I had my door removed/fixed/dents pulled Monday at the shop. Got it back Wednesday and the lights don't work.

The body shop said my battery didn't die (radio stations are correct so this is a true statement) but it got very close to dead. My VDC light was on when I started the truck but went off after driving a few feet.

All fuses are good. Wiring looks just like it always has. Switches are illuminated in the dash. They're simply not turning on. Ideas?

Based on what u said, it sounds like ur saying if the battery dies its bad for the lights.....is this the case?...if so i had no idea...nor would i understand why that is......
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Banned
4,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Based on what u said, it sounds like ur saying if the battery dies its bad for the lights.....is this the case?...if so i had no idea...nor would i understand why that is......
Posted via Mobile Device
No no, the battery almost dying was the only thing electrical that the body shop told me. That's all.

·
on line
22,508 Posts
Its not rocket science. Check power and ground at the switch. If both are good, check them at relay, then continue on until its not good. Isolate where you lose power, or where you lose ground. It's not like we can test these for you over the internet by posting in a thread.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts