Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it took 2 years and 43K miles, but my stock bettery finally died.

Stopped at Napa on my way home and picked up a blue top Orbital (it's made by Exide, but sold with the Napa name).

Took about an hour to install and used the same idea as Sex-terra. Worked out well, but I need a new negative batt cable as the stock one only reached after taking off the little mount. I'll be doing that as soon as my new battery terminals get here.

Anyway, just thought I would share. :)

·
on line
429 Posts
Mine made it about the same length of time, but a few more miles. I replaced it in April I think at 50 some K.

·
on line
298 Posts
Good to know about the NAPA name brand. I plan on getting a real good one when mine dies, but not until then.

What was Sex-terras idea. What could possibly be complicated about a changing a battery in our X's? (After dealing with the IFS, I'm afraid to hear the answer)

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you notice the terminals on the battery are reversed. There are a lot of cheap batteries out there that have reversed terminals, but non of the good "off-road" batteries (well there is a D35 Optima Yellow Top, but it's too small IMO).

If you also look, there is a fuse block on the positive terminal. This prevents you from easily extending the line.

Here is Sexterra's solution and it worked pretty well.
http://thenewx.org/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=2509

1 - 4 of 4 Posts