Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
on line
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nothing hardcore. There's a lot of areas around me that used to be farm land and woods that are being ripped up for development.

Took the X out and had some fun in the dirt and mud. Didn't want to go too crazy because it has no skid plates and we all know how wonderful the General Tires are.

I like this truck so much better then my 01 on rough terrain.

·
on line
1,884 Posts
:flower: :flower: :flower: :flower:

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Take those rear mud flaps off before they are taken off for you.

I broke both of mine the second time the X saw dirt and it was just an old early 1900's gravel road (the town at the bottom doesn't exist any more).

·
on line
1,479 Posts
Muzikman said:
Take those rear mud flaps off before they are taken off for you.

I broke both of mine the second time the X saw dirt and it was just an old early 1900's gravel road (the town at the bottom doesn't exist any more).
YES! you will be much happier

·
on line
3,262 Posts
LOL your x looks like mine the first time i took it out. I was pretty scared to do anything harsh because i was all alone. but after a couple of times i got ALOT more courageous. you will find that your x gets dirtier and dirtier each time out.

PS, take the flaps off, it looks better.

·
on line
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
S_e_X-Terra said:
LOL your x looks like mine the first time i took it out. I was pretty scared to do anything harsh because i was all alone. but after a couple of times i got ALOT more courageous. you will find that your x gets dirtier and dirtier each time out.

PS, take the flaps off, it looks better.
I was like that with the 01. Then I ended up flogging the hell out of it.

Most of that was due to the confidence I had in the Wrangler ATS's

Those tires got me out of some nasty mud/clay mixtures.

We have a lot of clay in Delaware.

·
on line
2 Posts
hmmmm

Just bought the 06 Xterra SE.... growing to love it more and more each day...

A friend of mine has a modded 03' for full off roading... i had no idea there was so much stuff to add to this beast.

My questions is, I noticed alot of you said you have taken it off roading with no mods... My friend said to just take off the step bars and mud flaps.. and go have fun!?!?!

I am assuming this is some gentle trail riding? i.e. i have no skid plates yet either...

Looks like a load of fun... I will post a new topic to discuss where to begin moding. - your help is appreciated.

-TD

·
on line
1,884 Posts
Welcome TD!

Search around I think there already is a post on first mods. But yes the mud flaps and stock step rails are a good thing to remove. The new X is fine without a lot of mods. Just do not go for the big rock gardens.

·
on line
830 Posts
Re: hmmmm

TrickyD said:
Just bought the 06 Exterra SE.... growing to love it more and more each day...

A friend of mine has a modded 03' for full off roading... i had no idea there was so much stuff to add to this beast.

My questions is, I noticed alot of you said you have taken it off roading with no mods... My friend said to just take off the step bars and mud flaps.. and go have fun!?!?!

I am assuming this is some gentle trail riding? i.e. i have no skid plates yet either...

Looks like a load of fun... I will post a new topic to discuss where to begin moding. - your help is appreciated.

-TD
Not to be mean but beofre you take it offroading go out side look how the name of your vehicle is spelled come back in and Edit your post. :violent3:

·
on line
1,884 Posts
I think Tricky D gave back better than he got! :cheers:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts