Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

How do you feel about de-badging your X?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
on line
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are your thoughts about de-badging the X? Kind of piggybacking on S-E-Xterra's thread, so...sorry. But, do you guys prefer to de-badge or leave it alone? I am *considering* taking off the "TERRA" on the back and just leaving the "X". I know it's to each his own, but I am just getting a consensus from the peoples.

·
on line
1,891 Posts
I like the badges, I have nothing against them. Although, when I had my Lancer OZ, it looked nice. I think it heavily depends on the vehicle it it is going to look nice or not, also has to do with personal preference of course.

·
on line
244 Posts
I took off the "terra" badge a month after I bought it. Cleaned all the sticky stuff off and it left an outline from the badge. I could still see the letters. So, I bought another one and put it back on.

In my opinion, I would rather have all the emblems off.

·
on line
500 Posts
Already removed the Xterra stickers on the rack, and the NISSAN sticker on the cargo box. Now to remove the hamburger on the rear hatch, and paint the hamburger in the grill black.

That's the plan.

·
on line
2,459 Posts
If you take off your OR badge let me know. :)

·
on line
294 Posts
I kinda like the badging. i vote to leave it alone.

and Jeff, if you want the OR badge, you know you can pick it up at courtesy, right? (i'm guessing you're just fishin for a deal...)

·
on line
2,459 Posts
Epic228 said:
and Jeff, if you want the OR badge, you know you can pick it up at courtesy, right? (i'm guessing you're just fishin for a deal...)
Dude, I redefine cheap on a daily basis. :) So yes...I'm just fishin for a deal, nothing more.

They aren't that expensive in the first place so I *should* just order one...but I won't lol....

·
on line
500 Posts
SHADOW said:
The rear hamburger emblem has 2 holes under it.You might want to take that into consideration.Or you could do something like this.
"I did not know that!", and it would make a big differance, so it's black burgers front and rear.

Thanks for helping me understand.

·
on line
1,574 Posts
i have also been concidering removing the terra. what i did with my dads GMC sierra, was took a long piece of fishing line, and gently sawed through the double sided tape on the tail gate. the line will break constantly, so be patient. i used 10 Lb. test, and it tore it up. it leaves most of the stickyness, so i used some zylox (spell check?) and goo gone with a towel and rubed it right off. then use the orbital buffer and buffed everything out. tht part wasnt unnessecary but i was already in the middle of waxing. don't mess with the hamburger unless ur willing to JB weld, sand and repaint tht area. its just like fords, they put they damn badges right into the sheet metal. but i hate them, so its all good.
but i feel a how to comin on with this terra removal...
maybe ill get on tht...

·
on line
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I really just wanted to remove the "terra" and leave the "X", since I rarely tell anyone that I drive an "Xterra", rather that I drive an X. The hamburger emblem doesn't bother me, though.

On a side note...it's nice to see that 3 different people think that I am an idiot. :sad5:

·
on line
3,218 Posts
"On a side note...it's nice to see that 3 different people think that I am an idiot."
In just under a year, apperantly 7 others did as well..
My .02, the front grill's good, and maybe just X on the back.. I don't really go for all the badging either.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts