Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
on line
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am took off my emblems to repaint and apply, probelm is I can't get the residue off my X from the emblems.

Does anyone have a suggestion to get that stuff off.

Thanks

Eric

·
In Limbo
9,460 Posts
I'd say an adhesive remover like 3Ms general purpose adhesive remover.

Or maybe test some "Goof Off" in small area. That stuff will cut through anything. I used it on my Pathfinder and it worked great without damaging the paint. Always test first though.

·
on line
552 Posts
Ive read on other places: Super High pressure washer but i have never tried it myself. On my crappy S-10 though i just used my nails, fingers, and a trusty can of WD40

·
on line
1,574 Posts
a product called xyloc or something like that. trust me. itll work better than anything youll try. even goo gone. itll come off with no effore, 2 swipes and it gone.

ps. make sure u recoat the area with way that you removed from

·
on line
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks, I think I have some goo gone in the garage somewhere. I give it a try tomorrow. Don't really trust myself w/ a razor blade and my paint job, that has disater written all over it.

My emblems are painted and ready to reapply. I'l post some pics when done. Probably to easiest mod I have ever done (expect gettting that adhesive off of course)

·
on line
1,059 Posts
miles said:
now with this goo gone stuff will it take off tar off a bumper?
"They" say WD-40 is good for that. But there's also some stuff you can buy right at your local auto parts stores as well.

·
on line
1,864 Posts
:clown: I'd recommend MEK, but every time I do, the FORUM has a heart attack, so I won't !!

-- :geek: :geek: --JIMBO

·
on line
1,864 Posts
:clown: It's not even a very hazardous solvent, it's used in paint formulaes/vinyl construction and synthetic rubber mfg--

--A great solvent, you just have to treat it as a hazardous, toxic solvent and dress accordingly, with proper ventilation--

--The Navy USES A LOT --

--I said this a long time ago and I still use it, used it monthly, to take road tar and tree crap off my Competition yellow corvette--

-- :geek: :geek: --JIMBO

1 - 20 of 22 Posts