Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
on line
3,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 06 X model. Does anyone know off the top of their heads if I have any power outlets that aren't live? I have two on the right side of the center console and one inside the armrest box.

Thanks. If I dont get an answer back by the end of the day I will test at home and let you guys know!

Why? Because knowing is half the battle. Yo Joe!

·
on line
631 Posts
KillJoy LosAngeles said:
Because knowing is half the battle. Yo Joe!
haha...

the top one and arm rest outlet are Key On power... is that your question? the bottom one and the one in the rear are hot at all times.

·
on line
4,593 Posts
the top one and arm rest outlet are Key On power... is that your question? the bottom one and the one in the rear are hot at all times.
For those of you following along at home, this is also true for the 2005 model year as well.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Yes, and I think I found out the hard way, if you disconnect one of the always hot sockets (ie the one in the back), it renders the always hot one in the front useless.

I removed the one in the back since I never used it and needed a place to mount my OBA filter. After doing so, the one in the front quit working. Now I have to rip the back apart again and hook it back up I think. :)

·
on line
339 Posts
Muzikman said:
Yes, and I think I found out the hard way, if you disconnect one of the always hot sockets (ie the one in the back), it renders the always hot one in the front useless.

I removed the one in the back since I never used it and needed a place to mount my OBA filter. After doing so, the one in the front quit working. Now I have to rip the back apart again and hook it back up I think. :)
that shouldn't happen.........12v dc outlets are usually always wired in parallel throughout a vehicle.

disconnecting one shouldn't affect any others. i would check your fuses before you rip the back apart.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts