1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
on line
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
on line
13,467 Posts
Yeah, as long as you buy the whole lift kit and not just the rear shackles, it comes with everything. You should send usmc a messege. He will knowmore since he has had the lift on his truck for like 20k miles. But yes, it comes with everything.

Just looked at the link

That comes with everythign you would need. Just remember you will have to get a front end alignment after installing it!

"Comfort Ride Kit - 2"-2¼" Suspension Lift - Front Coil Spring Spacers & Greaseable Rear Shackles - Frontier, Xterra"

·
on line
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
mcampana said:
Yeah, as long as you buy the whole lift kit and not just the rear shackles, it comes with everything. You should send usmc a messege. He will knowmore since he has had the lift on his truck for like 20k miles. But yes, it comes with everything.

Just looked at the link

That comes with everythign you would need. Just remember you will have to get a front end alignment after installing it!

"Comfort Ride Kit - 2"-2¼" Suspension Lift - Front Coil Spring Spacers & Greaseable Rear Shackles - Frontier, Xterra"
Will the alignment require the new Camber bolts that I have read about on here? If so can you direct me where to get those.

·
on line
13,467 Posts
You will need the bolts. All i did was call firestone and tell them what i needed. They had the bolts ordered and waiting there for me the time i set my apt for. Just call em a couple days in advance and they will get what you need. I think they charged me like 50 bucks for them. Plus i paid 149 for the lifetime alignment. Which is a good idea to get if you plan on wheeling or ever getting different sized tires.

·
on line
2,077 Posts
you can also pick some up from yournissanparts.com

although my camber was a little off i did not need the bolt when i put my lift on, it was still within the acceptable range and even on both sides, but i have a set just in case i ever need it adjusted.

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Not really, when I had my AC springs up front (the before time, long long ago), I went to firestone and got the lifetime alignment. they were able to tune it in... If you go with 2.75" of lift or lower I believe that you wont need the bolts, but they would be a good thing to have just in case.

·
on line
3,262 Posts
here is a pic....

They replace the four bolts that hold on your lower controll arms (2 on each side). when the bolts are turned, the part of the lower controll arm that they are connected to moves in a slight circular motion. this motion pulls the bottom of the tire in toward the truck or pushes it out away from the bottom of the truck. so if your wheels look like this \ / you rotate the bolts to get the bottom pushed out so they can look like this | | If you wheels look like this / \ you rotate them some more to get them pulled in at the bottom to looking like this | |

Hope this helped.

·
on line
2,459 Posts
Do you need camber bolts for all lifts or just some?

·
on line
13,467 Posts
Wow cornik? You seriously asking that question? SOmeone should break you in half for being so stuipd. :geek:

Seriously though there pal, all KIDDING aside. Id have to say, ANYTIME you mess with suspension, your alignment willbe affected. And since practicaly none of our X's came with the adjustment bolts, you will need them.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
There seems to be a 50/50 chance you will need them. Some people do, some people don't. One of the biggest things would be how high you lift it.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts