Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
on line
3,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am thinking with all the problems we've been having with Nissan's ASP warranty here I thought that I would go with an easy lift....Daystar spacers and Daystar shackles in the rear for now. I figure if someone starts questioning my lift I can easily remove them and go back to stock.

I also want to know that because I have a shrock bumper my X does not sit level after I install the spacer lift kit can I insert additional front spacers to level the X out and what about the UCA contact is that gonna be a huge problem?

thanks

·
on line
15,651 Posts
If you try to lift it too much, you will hit the UCA. USMC is running just Daystar spacers in the front with a Shrock bumper, winch and a full set of skids and doesn't have any problems, so I would not try to use a spacer any larger than the daystar, unless you change the UCA too.

·
on line
3,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
muzikman said:
If you try to lift it too much, you will hit the UCA. USMC is running just Daystar spacers in the front with a Shrock bumper, winch and a full set of skids and doesn't have any problems, so I would not try to use a spacer any larger than the daystar, unless you change the UCA too.
That UCA would be the total chaos....right...will that give me an additional bit of lift to switch to those...

USMC can you post a pic of your X with the lift and if you dont mind chiming in on the overall performance of Daystar ...

Thanks

·
on line
3,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So I have decided to go with the Daystar spacers up front...and shackles in the rear, but I am worried about my rear spring pack saging...what should I do?

Can I get an AAL and combine with the shackle for a 3 inch total lift......

any suggestions...

·
on line
3,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
muzikman said:
You could get an AAL. Or you can get the Timbren (sp?) bump stops. They seem to work good on MC's mo-sheen.
Thanks Muzikman the AAL from where....its hard to find dealers here in canada...unfortunatley some of these parts I guess need to be ordered from the the U.S...

Deaver mini pack 1.5 plus the Daystar shackle will give me a total of 3 inches...right?

But if I have a 2"-2.25 spacer in the front the truck and a total of 3 inches in the back....the truck will still not be level...?

Sorry guys I am a real noob when it comes to suspension lifts...

·
on line
15,651 Posts
No it will not sit level even with spacers in the front. The truck already has a bit of rack and when you add another inch on top of it, you can see it.

As for AAL's.

Deaver, AC, Calmini, your local spring shop...all have AAL's. The Deaver, AC and Calmini all bolt right on. Your local spring shop would have to make it...but that's what they do for a living.

·
on line
3,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I could go with Daystar front spacer.....daystar rear shackle...for now....after it starts to sag I could go with calmini aal with the daystar shackle and Prg coilovers.....

What do you think?

I phoned my local shop and they want $2200 for the calmini 5' lift....thats not installed....

My next question is the calmini site that we need to make sure that out vehicles are equipped with factory with alignment bolts.

Are we equipped?

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Look at the LCA where it attaches to the front. If the bolts have a cammed washer (usually with index marks) then you have adjustable camber bolts.

Yeah, the Daystar kit works well, but the spring pack will flatten out. I know with my AC shackles the pack was just about laying on the overload leaf.

·
on line
3,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
muzikman said:
Look at the LCA where it attaches to the front. If the bolts have a cammed washer (usually with index marks) then you have adjustable camber bolts.

Yeah, the Daystar kit works well, but the spring pack will flatten out. I know with my AC shackles the pack was just about laying on the overload leaf.
How long do you think it will take for the rear spring pack to sag.

·
on line
641 Posts
This thread shows how you can tell if you have the cam bolts:
http://thenewx.org/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=1510

I can tell you that my Canadian 2006 OR X does not have them (yet ;-)

As for dealers for "US parts", you might try contacting North Shore Off-Road:
http://www.nsor.com/

They did the install of the Shrock sliders and front bumper on my Xterra.
Yes, they are here in BC, not Ontario, and while I don't know that they have any experience with lifting a 2nd gen Xterra, they certainly do have lots of experience in general, so they may have some suggestions. As for ordering parts, they routinely bring in shipments from the USA, so even with shipping to Ontario it might work out for you.

·
on line
1,320 Posts
miles said:
So I ordered my Daystar lift...spacers in front and shackles in the rear...so what elese do I need?
That's it... you've got a solid budget lift.
Later on you could add longer (1-1/2" to 2") shocks and the braided brake lines from AC and get a little more travel out of the rear.

·
on line
3,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
buxwheat said:
miles said:
So I ordered my Daystar lift...spacers in front and shackles in the rear...
Where did you order your lift from and how much $?
I am in Canada so I am limitd to my sources...$350 canadian @National 4wd

·
Read Only
656 Posts
$300 directly from Daystar here. Didn't realize they were that expensive. $190 for spacers alone. Couldn't find the shackles sold by themselves, only when you buy spacers, too.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts