Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Ya, i'm not lifting mine until I need new tires. But when the time comes i'm either doing a titan swap with stock titan uca's and coil overs or spindles and coil overs. Im trying to go for the whole prerunner/go fast look.
Oh okay I get you. I would say If you're going the TS route, I would recommend saving for after market control arms just because you'll get better travel.
Spindle lift is the quick way to get the prerunner look you want and it doesnt justify the stock ride.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
here is another update of what i did recently. I managed to get the Total Chaos Arms installed, and they ride beautiful.

sorry for the blurry photo.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #29 (Edited)
How tough does that Calmini bumper feel? Do you think it could safely handle a recovery? How do you think it would handle a rock on a trail if you were to make contact?
The bumper Feels pretty decent, nothing like the Shrock bumper. But i will say it can hold its own. It's funny you ask about the contact with the rock, i was wondering the same thing. My Answer to that would have to be it would be okay, depending how it made contact. As for the recovery, there shouldnt be any issue, since you're not removing the front tow hook.

can we get a side view on level ground to see how it sits?
yeah sure, here you go.
i'm not really a little guy, i stand about 6'3. So the truck is pretty tall :D

Those new pics are sweet!!! That thing sits soooo high:headbang:
Thanks Bro :) yeah i was surprise how high it shot up after the spindles.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Hate to make request, but could you take a side picture of your X focusing on how far the bumper sticks out. Trying to pick a bumper, but still want to have room in my garage. Shrock sticks out way to far, Hefty less, TAG even less, and I don't know about the Calmini. Personally I like the way the prerunner bumper. BTW nice looking X.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Looks great I'm a huge prerunner fan glad to see another x. Love my hefty but I always get tempted to switch to the calmini to save on weight since I drive so damn much. Only thing I can't get past is the gap between the body and bumper on the corners, but I know you need it when you flex. Anyway good work!

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Hate to make request, but could you take a side picture of your X focusing on how far the bumper sticks out. Trying to pick a bumper, but still want to have room in my garage. Shrock sticks out way to far, Hefty less, TAG even less, and I don't know about the Calmini. Personally I like the way the prerunner bumper. BTW nice looking X.
here you go, let me know if i need to take another pic. Bumpers are all based on person preference, besides the function of it. The Calmini prerunner bumper is very functional for me. i posted the link of the bumper below so you can take a look at it :)

http://www.calmini.com/detail.php?b=1&m=37&t=6&p=461&n=

Looks great I'm a huge prerunner fan glad to see another x. Love my hefty but I always get tempted to switch to the calmini to save on weight since I drive so damn much. Only thing I can't get past is the gap between the body and bumper on the corners, but I know you need it when you flex. Anyway good work!
You know what man, i was kinda ehh about the gap in the beginning. After a while it didn't bother me. Thank you by the way

21 - 40 of 61 Posts