Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
on line
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever thought of trying this one out? It's a little more than the scanguage, but it seems like it has a couple more features that are nice. Plus, I like how you can split up the display and have four different pieces of data up at the same time.

http://www.auterraweb.com/

·
on line
114 Posts
They have PC compatible options too, which are of more interest to me.

From what I've read, you can't change any engine settings with their device other than clear the Check Engine Light. But the reviews are positive.

·
on line
366 Posts
That looks pretty cool. I like the extra sensor inputs on it. It'd be nice to hook one up to a thermometer to measure the air temp inside the cab.

·
on line
552 Posts
looks cool but for the $380 price tag...I wouldn't fork out the cash for one.

Nice find though!

·
on line
1,574 Posts
scanguage isnt capable of uploading information, and viewing in a graphical form. and the dyno is more expandable

·
on line
1,574 Posts
oh, and the whole google earth thing is awesome. cept my parents would get ahold of it...

·
on line
10,980 Posts
I believe this may be what Joel (kneebuster) runs with his carputer, so he may have some more info. I also am not sure that the ScanGaugeII will let you log any of the data, which I believe the DashDyno does allow for ... though it's been a while since I've compared the two. I think there were also one or two other threads on the DashDyno, but it's been a while since I've seen them ... I know I wasn't a ton of help, but now you know what I know. :D

·
on line
1,123 Posts
As Muzik said, it isn't what I have, but the Windows version looks very similar, and is slightly less expensive if you go for the Nissan enhancement package. I didn't spend enough time looking at the site to see if there are differences.

·
on line
10,980 Posts
Fair enough, that's my bad ... just based on the description, I had thought yours was the Windows version.

·
on line
684 Posts
I bought a bluetooth OBD reader on ebay from china for $30 .. lucked out a little bit.

Works perfect. Updates fast, works with all Scan software I have tried, also works with in-vehicle-computer software CentraFuse.

Permanently installed in my 01 Rodeo
Tried with 05 Hyundai GX350 v6- works perfect
Tried my dad's 08 Diesel Silverado.. Works perfect.

·
on line
59 Posts
kneebuster, which monitor/software package do you run and do you feel that your setup is worth the additional expense over the ScanGaugeII?

Thanks,

·
on line
1,123 Posts
kneebuster, which monitor/software package do you run and do you feel that your setup is worth the additional expense over the ScanGaugeII?

Thanks,
I've got a Lilliput EBY701 mounted where the head unit used to be. The full computer is under the driver seat running Win XP and all my apps, including the OBD II software (www.autoenginuity.com). You really can't compare the expense of my setup to the ScanGauge as mine does way more. The OBD II is much more extensive, but my computer also has full mapping/nav capabilities (with Topo and satellite imagery), HD radio, all my CDs, etc.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts