Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried searching and haven't found exactly what I'm looking for, but then I'm probably using the wrong terms. So if this has been answered, I apologize in advance.

I have a 2010 SE and it came with the "built-in" Garmin unit in the compartment that sits atop the dash.

I am replacing it with an in dash Alpine Nav system. The faceplate is third party and is black and not textured like the surface of the faceplate and the compartment. I'd like to replace the "hump" compartment that contains the Garmin unit (outlined in red here):

with the standard tray like the one in this pic:

If I could get this tray without the texture, and even better, get it in black (which I believe some models had) . . . that would be great.

I have searched online parts websites and can't find the "tray" (for lack of a better term), let alone one that is black.

Does anyone know what this is called, or have a part number for one that would fit a 2010?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks knightrider and N.Y.X. for the trade offer guys, I'm keeping everything I take out so I can replace it in the event I ever sell the X.

Juice, and everyone else . . . after days of searching, last night a friend of mine says he knows a gal who replaced her standard setup with the Garmin setup . . . and as luck would have it she still has the tray piece . . . so I'm covered. (because that's how it works . . . you knock yourself out and then someone comes to you out of nowhere with an answer).

Thanks everyone! :icon_smile:

·
Premium Member
3,628 Posts
Just make sure you are replacing with a 2009 or later model.
Those trays changed size in 2009, so 2005-2008 are the same, and 2009-2013 are the new size.

Brian

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just make sure you are replacing with a 2009 or later model.
Those trays changed size in 2009, so 2005-2008 are the same, and 2009-2013 are the new size.

Brian
Yup -

Thanks brian. Mine is a 2010 SE, and she has a 2011. Assuming we'll be fine. Will find out next weekend.

·
Registered
135 Posts
So YOU are the other guy with a 2010 SE! I felt like I was the only one! I live in Southern California and have only ever seen one other 2009+ SE. Strangely, it was silver like mine, so my first thought was that someone stole my X!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
So YOU are the other guy with a 2010 SE! I felt like I was the only one! I live in Southern California and have only ever seen one other 2009+ SE. Strangely, it was silver like mine, so my first thought was that someone stole my X!

Yup. It's me. I used to live in the PRoK (Los Angeles), before moving to Rural 'Murica. Traded a Lexus LS430 for the SE because most "roads" here aren't . . .and it snows too. The X has been great . . . goes anywhere. Love it.

Word of advice if you ever think of leaving Kalifornia and moving to the country . . . it's freaking dangerous here. I posted this pic back in Feb 2010 when I bought the X . . . we have tornados and giant critters here:

Say hello to the Left Coast for me!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got the piece, and got the head unit replaced.

After having it installed I learned that the Rockford Fosgate system is actually pretty good. Sounds better. There's an amazing EQ system with a tons of presets for all different types of vehicles. Quite impressive really.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts