Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
on line
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i would like to add a switch right next to the vdc switch for my fog lights. how does one do so?

thanks...

·
on line
1,831 Posts
They sell ones at Lowes, in the electrical dept, that look exactly like the OEM ones without the lettering.

Personally, I dislike dash switches with lights in them.

·
on line
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok, but what I am asking, is how do you go about installing a switch next to the vdc switch area? What must you take off? just the radio trim/shelf on top ???

thanks...

·
on line
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok, i went to lowes during my lunch break. looked, nothing, i asked an employee and they said they don't have anything like those, just rocker switches....which don't match what i need.

also went to home dept, nothing, and advance auto, nothing.....

i decided to put the light switch, once i get a nice blue illuminated one when on, to the left of the steering wheel where the clutch interlock would go if i had one which i don't... I didn't even see those two empty slots there! also seems alot easier to add there plus it makes more sense to be right there versus next to the 4x4 and vdc switches....

so, what do you all recommend i get and where? it looks like i want a contour switch (right?) that illumniates blue or green when on. Those switches just snap right in right?

thanks...

·
on line
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
did it just snap right in???? how easy is it to install?

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Yep, snaps right in. Very easy to install, kind of a pain in the rear to take back out.

You can get to that spot by just laying on your back and reaching your hand up. Use a small screw drive to pop the blank out.

·
on line
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
cool, thanks!!! i still want one that matches the others better though.... like the one at lowes supposedly. The toyota one for 70.00 looks good, but 70$!!!!!!!!!?????

thanks...

·
on line
331 Posts
Go to the link i posted. Scroll to the bottom. They have the toyota switch Part Number 00550-35976. It only costs $7

·
on line
298 Posts
Here's something to consider, and Im very pleased with how I did mine.

Moved my Clutch Cancell button down to where the HDC button would go on an auto (in front of the gear shift. That left two slots over by the mirror adjuster. Put two switches in there and one is for the inner set and one is for the outter set of lights on my roof.

tha nice thing is that all of the light controlls are together over on one side, and all the off road related controls are together near the gear shift.

·
on line
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
on line
294 Posts
says $6.68. you got the decimal in the right place?

HL96517 Hella Illuminated LED Rocker Switch, SPST, Amber, Toyota Part Number 00550-35976 (In Dash Switch)
$6.68

·
on line
1,361 Posts
Epic228 said:
says $6.68. you got the decimal in the right place?

HL96517 Hella Illuminated LED Rocker Switch, SPST, Amber, Toyota Part Number 00550-35976 (In Dash Switch)
$6.68
Thats what I see as well

·
on line
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well i ordered one.. should have it tuesday.....

hopefully i will like it and it will snap right in place....

·
Premium Member
9,791 Posts
silverflash said:
well, that part number, 00550-35976, on that page: http://www.rallylights.com/hella/switches_illuminated_rocker.asp shows a rocker switch. does the picture match? The 70$ one is the kind you just push in and looks identical to the rest of our (nissan) switches) except it has a light drawing on it.....
Just to give you a heads up!
I ordered a pair of them yesterday and got an email saying that they are now on backorder. looks like we bought them out!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts