Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've got a couple of ideas bouncing around in my head.

First, does anyone know if replacements of this piece are available and if so, where to buy one?

Second, at an SCCX meet and great, I got to take a good look at the inside of a '12 Pro4x. I noticed that the Pro4x's have a different panel next to the 4x4 nob. I have a stupid cubby. If I could find the panel, would this fit into my location after removing the cubby?

For reference in case you have no idea what I'm talking about.

I'd like to replace this,

With this

Minus all of the fancy pants Pro4x switches of course. I'd like to put my own stuff in there anyways :D

Thanks for the help in advance

·
on line
971 Posts
First, does anyone know if replacements of this piece are available and if so, where to buy one?

If I'm not mistaken, I don't think there are replacements for just the silver vent pieces. You would have to buy the entire bezel for that part.

Second, at an SCCX meet and great, I got to take a good look at the inside of a '12 Pro4x. I noticed that the Pro4x's have a different panel next to the 4x4 nob. I have a stupid cubby. If I could find the panel, would this fit into my location after removing the cubby?

For reference in case you have no idea what I'm talking about.

I'd like to replace this,

With this

Minus all of the fancy pants Pro4x switches of course. I'd like to put my own stuff in there anyways :D

Thanks for the help in advance
As far as the bottom portion, you can't just take out the cubby hole and replace it with the panel. It's an entire piece that even includes the 2 cigarette lighter ports. I may actually have both pieces for sale. I can even take pictures of them. PM me if you're interested.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Does anyone have a part # and/or place to buy the lower switch panel? I also don't use the cubby hole for anything and would rather have the option of some switches and/or USB ports down there.

Thanks!

·
Registered
6,919 Posts
I lost the number, but I believe the Frontier's version of that 4x4 bezel has room for an additional switch or two on top of the VDC, locker, and light switches (since they can be equipped with heated seats). It's a $75 piece of plastic, by the way. (Edit: that's what we're looking at!)

Otherwise, a multi-switch bezel has been available with all 09+ OR and PRO-4X trims (forget if older OR panels would fit or not). You could try hitting up a junkyard.

·
Premium Member
2,304 Posts
I remember looking this up to do it back when I first got the truck and parts were stupid expensive back then. There was a thread on it here somewhere started by one member that tried to get the parts, parts counter ordered the wrong thing and I don’t think he ever came back to update if he ever got the right stuff. It was 2 parts you needed the actual face plate plus the black frame work that holds the switches and screws into the back of it. The face was around $200 and the switch frame around $80.

The X didn’t have the 5 switch panel back then, just the Frontier’s with leather. Looks like the Pro4X with leather and heated seats do now.

I’ll see if I can find them again.

·
on line
2,300 Posts
Has anyone done the swap from gen 2 to gen 2.5 console? I know it would include replacing the hvac controls.

Mobile post...
Way more involved then you think. Not plug and play.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts