Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
on line
2,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I got in my X at the end of the day and started driving away. I get about 100 yards and the dash is all lite up. Every light is on. WTF. So I pull over turn off the X and restart. No more lights.

Well I had about 80 mile drive home. I noticed once on the way that the Diff Lock, Slip, and VDC lights flashed on and off. Not sure what it is, but I hope it was the heat and it doesn't do it again.

·
on line
2,248 Posts
kokopop said:
Well I got in my X at the end of the day and started driving away. I get about 100 yards and the dash is all lite up. Every light is on. WTF. So I pull over turn off the X and restart. No more lights.

Well I had about 80 mile drive home. I noticed once on the way that the Diff Lock, Slip, and VDC lights flashed on and off. Not sure what it is, but I hope it was the heat and it doesn't do it again.
I hope it's not the problem I'm having. My ABS and SLIP lights came on a couple weeks ago ("S" model so no VDC or Diff Lock lights). I took it to the dealer and they said it was a bad ABS sensor.

They ordered it and replaced it yesterday. I drove it off the dealer lot and made it about a half a mile before they came back on.

I called the dealer up to schedule another appointment. I also asked him to look into something that other X owners have been experiencing, which is corrosion on the ECU wiring harness connectors. Of course, the service writer didn't react all that well when he found out I got the info from the internet. We'll see how long it takes them to track the problem down...

I thought there was a thread on the issue already, but couldn't find it.

·
on line
2,459 Posts
Keith, clean off the sensors that go into the wheel housing. That's what fixed mine. See if that helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts