Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
questio for you guys

you may remember my situation about mamba rims from about half a year ago

I purchased 4 rims from States to be delivered to Canada and two were damaged by the carrier, UPS

I went through length process with dealership to process the claim, I do believe the dealership got full reimbursement for 2 rims as they promised to deliver 2 new rims on no condition once manufacturer provides them, they were on back order

sometime after all this was settled I received a phone call from the dealership just to reasure me I will receive my rims, in between the conversation the guy asked me if damaged rims were taken by UPS and was kind of surprised that UPS never asked for them, but he said nothing more about damaged rims at that point

a few days later he sent me an email, including UPS return labels, asking me to send damaged rims back ... this was about 2 months ago, I never bothered to reply to this email as I was not planing to send anything back until I have a set of 4 perfect rims

now the dealership all this time never asked again to send damaged rims back until today

today I got and email saying that dealership is about ready to send me 2 new rims, but on condition that I send damaged rims back first

it all sounfs fishy to me, I am not saying he wouldn't send new rims, but why he is asking for damaged rims ? I fully believe he got the money from UPS, he never made it a condition until today, he never mentioned UPS is requiring them ... is he just trying to double dip here ?

shouldn't it be UPS and UPS only to be entitled to get damaged rims if anyone ? I am pretty sure the guy just tries to resell them again

is he right to be claiming them or no ?

thanks

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Were the rims delivered right to your home?

Has the dealer seen the damaged rims in person?

Did you during all your correspondence did you take pictures of the damaged rims and send them? Even then they could think you are scamming them to try and get 2 free rims. You can find pictures of damaged rims online.

Just like most warranties/purchases you send the defective product back.

You have paid for 4 rims, it doesn't matter who else has exchanged money with each other. As long as you haven't paid anymore money send the 2 rims back and get the 2 rims sent to you.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It was not a warranty claim. It was carrier damage, so claim processed through UPS. UPS approved the claim, paid to the dealer. Wouldn't it be the right of UPS to ask for the damaged wheels now, not the dealer's?

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
it sounds like you are concerned that the dealer has been paid for new rims by UPS, and now wants the damaged ones so they can refurbish them and send them back to you, correct?

or are you worried the dealer will take the busted rims and never send the replacements?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts