Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Senior Member / (Q4WC) Club Moderator
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For any rally heads, you should already know that it's race time for the Dakar 2019 and although its dominated by Toyota and Mini, there are a few Nissan running too. I'm very interested to see how vehicle 419 does. He's a friend of mine and has worked with a South African company to build a Navara(Frontier) with a VK50 engine. Yes, its the high horsepower racing version. The team is simply looking to complete the race and any support would be great.
I think Nasser Al-Attyaha might actually win this year, but it's a tough race and anything is possible.

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
Dakar is tough when you get people like Robby Gordon coming in with a full blown 6x6 Uber luxury chase truck to follow you. Plus he managed to enter side by sides into the technical “car” class. He must know something nobody else does as that seems to be a fairly large disadvantage. Either way I hope the Nissans come out on top of any class they are entered into!
Poor quality picture from his IG for reference.

·
Senior Member / (Q4WC) Club Moderator
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dakar is tough when you get people like Robby Gordon coming in with a full blown 6x6 Uber luxury chase truck to follow you. Plus he managed to enter side by sides into the technical “car” class. He must know something nobody else does as that seems to be a fairly large disadvantage. Either way I hope the Nissans come out on top of any class they are entered into!
Poor quality picture from his IG for reference.
Unfortunately Robby isn't doing too well in the rankings, but still hanging in there. Just completing this race is a major achievement for anyone.
The last Nissan still standing at the start of day 9 is my friend so I'm really happy for him and hoping the last 63 of 140 actually make it to the final day tomorrow.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts