Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
on line
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off let me vent my saying that I am sick and tired of having a limited selection of aftermarket wheels that will serve a pupose off-road and not blind people with chrome...

Anyhow i've found company that is willing to do semi-custom wheels for me. When I say "semi" i meant that i have the freedom of choosing my wheel offsets, back spacing(3.75"-5"), Lug pattern, stud size, center hole size and lug nut style. The rims will be have a pre made size of 17X8.5".
From what I know:

STOCK: 16X7, 6x4.5, +30mm offset, and 4.5" backspacing.

*(i'm not sure of any other info such as lug nut style, center hole size...So if you guys can provide me that info, Thanks.)

CUSTOM: 17X8.5, Custom: wheel offsets, back spacing(3.75"-5"), Lug pattern, stud size, center hole size and lug nut style.

*I'm willing to be a guinea pig...but please remember that these wheels don't come cheap! lol.

So finally...with this freedom of selection what would best fit our applications? I know some of you guys have a deeper understanding of rims than i do. To conclude my wanting...I'm giving you guys the freedom of choosing specifications that you would have done if you were in my shoes... BTW did i mention that these wheels are BEADLOCKED lol. Thanks guys.

·
on line
1,320 Posts
that's pretty cool! did they give you a price range? steel or aluminum? is this a local SoCal place or mail-order?
i already have the titan 17"x7.5" steelies waiting to get put on but i'm sure others will like that info.

now, off-topic... is your fronty 4x2? how you likin' the radflo's?

·
on line
1,114 Posts
Ok, I'll bite!

If these guys will make a 16X8 STEEL wheel for the 2ND gen X and with the proper backspacing...ie no stupid spacers, I'll buy them NOW.

I can't believe this is so difficult to find some steel 16X8 rims. Sheesh!

·
on line
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
beadlocks are illegal for street use period! But with the amount of bead-look alikes here in orange county i doubt the cops will ever find out.

lifeinthesouth-the rims are steel, these are the same rims trophy-truck guys are running. The only offer it in 15 and 17" sizes. The 15 is out of the question. My truck is a 4x4 and the radflos ride nice for what they're meant to do. In other words they're a 110% better than stock. The price of the rims are $350 a piece, which is not bad considering people have paid more for far inferior rims. Btw they also offer simulated beadlocks(DOT approved) which are $25 cheaper, so why go fake when it can be the real deal. but for arguments sake these will only be put on when i'm off-road...maybe we'll see lol. more inputs welcomed! Thanks guys.

pics of c/o's

see post below!

·
on line
15,651 Posts
$350 each?!?!?!?!? No thank you, I don't need wheels that bad. :)

You also have to remember, it's not the backspacing or lug pattern, it's the mount pad.

·
on line
2,938 Posts
Geez you can find a full set of OM rims for that price.

·
on line
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
true true, it might cost alot but for what you're getting it's not too bad. i found a couple more comapny's that might be able to do it so for the mean time i'll wait.

But reality check, which one would you rather spend 300 bux on?

OR

[/img][/url]

·
on line
1,320 Posts
hells yeah, those Walker Evans' on the DMZ truck are badass... anyone that wants really nice wheels is gonna have to shell out $$. Weld, Centerline and some others have been going for 300 a wheel for years.

i guess because the X is a cheap(relatively speaking) SUV no one really wants to pour that much more into wheels... it's funny, i think the Titan crowd is made of money. The guys over on Titantalk all have top $$ wheels and 1000-1200 coilovers (sway-away, DRE, radflo, fox).

·
on line
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
pretty true, shit to be honest with you i've been saving up and if someone comes up with long travel and they're reputable i'm there. I'd rather not have something custom fabbed on the front, I preffer bolt-on stuff for a dd anyways. Didn't you say you were doing the conversion for the titan stuff? does our stock spindles work or do you have to get the cst or titan ones? later.

·
on line
1,320 Posts
I preffer bolt-on stuff for a dd anyways
you've got the best set-up out there right now as far as 4x4 is concerned.

I'm waiting on a couple more parts before I start a new topic on the conversion. the stock spindles will work with the titan a-arms which leads us to wonder if you could just throw the titan cv's in there but that's where the compatibility issue must be... i think that's what PRG was looking into. I'll be running the cst spindle (won't work with 4x4) for ground/tire clearance.
unfortunately there's no LT in the near future for 4x4; hell there's not even bolt-on LT for the 4x titan yet unless you count the NCD kit which hasn't been spoken highly of on the titan boards.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
There is no way I would pay $300 no matter how "good" they are. They would be rock rashed in a month and look like complete crap in 6.

It has nothing to do with the X being cheap, it has more to do with, why bust up expensive wheels wheeling when cheaper ones do the job just fine?

Also, for as much as people build up the Titan's, I have yet to see one on a trail and a lot of the trails I run it wouldn't even fit. So I think most people build up their Titan for looks, not wheeling.

·
on line
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
lifeinthesouth said:
unfortunately there's no LT in the near future for 4x4; hell there's not even bolt-on LT for the 4x titan yet unless you count the NCD kit which hasn't been spoken highly of on the titan boards.
thats pretty true, i'm just so envied by the chaos lt for the newer tacos. lol. nice set up they got going on that kit and retaining the full use of the 4 wheel drive capability is just plain outstanding. Maybe, one day!

Muzikman, point taken, but i'm no rock guy anyways lol. Although belive it or not these wheels can dish out a lot of abuse. The only downside is the weight.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts