Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have any ideas for a custom switch box for my interior? I want a dash panel of some sort that has three toggle switches (floods, driving lights, fogs) I want it to have an industrial, utilitarian feel to it. What have you guys done in the past?

·
on line
3,453 Posts
I followed XJ-TERRA's write up on the wiring but for the relays, they are mounted underneath the steering column behind the knee panel for easy access (Lay on your back on the driver's floormat and look up...easy access). I can get pics if you need them.

For the switch box, I got on eBay and shopped around for a while. Found one I liked from a guy getting rid of surplus inventory. Its Code 3 RockerPak 5 switch. I popped out the console where the shifter is and I drilled a 1 inch hole on the very corner of the cubby pocket and inserted grommet to protect the wires and ran them to the switch from there. I also have a fuseblock mounted behind the glovebox too so that helps out alot. I bought a CB multi-use bracket off Ebay also too and that's what you're seeing that is screwed to the edge of the cubby pocket and mounted the switch to it.

The switch will come with factory police switches but they are easy to pop off and is a direct fit with OTRATTW switches so I was glad I didn't have to trim/cut/make it bigger or anything so it was just a direct fit which I'm happy with.

Its pretty strong box...pretty happy with it.

Just search for police switch boxes when you're on Ebay and you'll find a few various boxes....not sure about direct fit with OTRATTW switches....I pretty much took a wild guess on this one and lucked out.

Let me know if you got questions.

Edit: I did take pics of the progress along the way of how I did things....I can start a thread if you want me to...it'll be a few days though or somewhere on my build thread. Just let me know

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Edit: I did take pics of the progress along the way of how I did things....I can start a thread if you want me to...it'll be a few days though or somewhere on my build thread. Just let me know
That would be very helpful :notworthy:

·
Registered
478 Posts
I don't know what your idea of industrial is but here's where I put my switches. It uses the OTRATTW switch holder and switches. It also comes in a 3-switch holder.

Just noticed that the 3-switch version is in post #3.

Another option is to replace the lower dash piece with the 5-switch cluster from a Frontier: http://www.thenewx.org/forum/showthread.php?t=39770

1 - 10 of 10 Posts