Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
on line
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here we go!

as promised, It's just about finished. After I got the table saw put together and cut the wood, the audio store was closed to get the carpet stuff.

tomorrow morning i'll sand off that glue and smooth out those rough edges and put weather stripping on that horribly cut circle (it wont matter how circular it is) and then viola! It should be done. I'll post more pics along the way. If all goes well, I can put these into production. Give me some feedback!

this is really similar to Lostboy's but the dimensions are slightly different.

·
on line
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I still have the base of it. I was thinking about just chopping off the bottom of this one and glassing the two together, but I'm just not sure how it will sound. This was just a quick thing to do since I couldnt open my trunk floor with that other box in there. I'll see, it may be worth it to make the base fiberglass. I'll keep you posted though.

·
on line
1,739 Posts
Understand that the interior volume of the box needs to be matched to the subwoofer driver. Changing the size by as little as 0.1 cubic feet will have an effect on the sound. It's not an art - it's all science. Do a Google search for Thiel-Small parameter calculator and you'll find java calcuators which can be used to tune your box to the sound you're attempting. That port also needs to be the proper size and lenght.

·
on line
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah, there is no port though. It's a sealed box. I went ahead and fiberglassed the inside of he box to make sure that it was sealed. later today, I'll fiberglass the outside and put it in the trunk!

·
on line
90 Posts
Dude, did you cut that circle with a spoon? I know, I know; it won't show when it is complete. Otherwise, it looks great!...I have plans for a very similar box drawn up, but I have decided to replace my head unit first. What sub will you be installing?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts