Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
on line
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last summer my cousin fabricated a new bumper for the back of my Xterra since I was without any rear recovery points. He does this as a side job under the name "TimmyBuilt" and is based out of he and his brother's garage in Tacoma (website coming soon, or so I'm told). We basically modeled the bumper after the Shrockworks one and plan on adding a spare tire swing gate at a later date. It is built from 1/4" thick steel (started as a box that he cut in half lengthwise) with 1" thick steel tabs that have 1" holes to allow 3/4" shackles. The custom brackets are also cut out of 1/4" steel. I painted the upper portion (above long weld) with truck bed liner and then went over the entire thing with semi-flat black. I went a little too light on the interior and it's starting to rust.. will re-paint one of these days.

here are a few pics..

·
on line
2,072 Posts
any possiblilty of a 2" reciver hitch being incorporated into it?

·
on line
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
willgr1 said:
nice job, looks solid.....can we expect this as a purchasable part in the future??
I don't necessarily wanna speak for him, but I imagine he'd be open to commission projects as time allows. Not sure if he's looking to do "mass production" in the future. I'll look into it for ya

1 - 5 of 5 Posts