Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I searched around for a bit (<10min admittedly) for exhaust specs on our trucks.
I am about to ditch the Y pipe and do the 2 into 1 muffler. Need to run out and get some mandrel bends and straight pipe and thought i would touch base on here for diameter and lengths before crawling under the truck with a mic on a hot ass day just to make the measurements that i know a hundred people here have done.

Also;
I have been thinking running two 45* mandrels for a smoother transition. Any advice or just get the one 90* and call it good?
still flipping a coin on bumping diameter up. It's a lot more work for not having a thoroughly engineered exhaust. If i build too big too fast i'll lose all back pressure and sacrifice torque. At the same time, if i just do one step up somewhere early and keep it simple it may help since it is pretty pea shooter exhaust.

Ideas and opinions appreciated

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Exhaust diameter.
Aside from that recommendations on setup. 2x45* for smooth transition or just get the 90*. Make a Y pipe or just run the 2 in 1 out muffler. Pictures of setups, i have only seen 1 fairly small not too great pic of setup.
I know what i want but just looking for some ideas or opinions before i pull the trigger.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts