Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
on line
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Crap, man! I was looking to have an exhaust shop custom fab cat-back exhaust for me, and I'd provide my own Magnaflow muffler. Basically, just a couple of lengths of tubing between the cats and again the tailpipe. A local shop who does in-house mandrel bending of 409 SS exhaust wants $815!! That's with me providing my own muffler! Is that freaking INSANE or is this the kind of cost I should expect? If so, I'm just buying a cat-back from Gibson or something.

I was looking to do something like 8th man did, he provided his own muffler and paid about $200 for the cat-back plumbing....

·
on line
1,114 Posts
Actually, the muffler, tubing and the install was $200.

You don't need mandrel bent tubing so don't bother with those expensive performance shops. Any Mom and Pop muffler shop should be able to do this.

Keep shopping around. Good luck.

·
on line
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool - that helps, fellas. I wondered if I might be shopping the wrong establishment...I'll drop in to the local joints and see what they can put on the table.

·
on line
32 Posts
I got cat-back duals into a single magnaflow and duals out. They used aluminized tubing with regular bends. The total cost was about $360.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts