Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

So basically I've seen a lot of awesome front bumpers on here, and decided someday I'd like one. Though the shrockworks is tested and well loved I want to take a different route, something more tube like/pre-runner inspired which leads me to custom work.

Does anyone in our area have experience making or know of a shop in NJ that does good work?

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Hey guys,

So basically I've seen a lot of awesome front bumpers on here, and decided someday I'd like one. Though the shrockworks is tested and well loved I want to take a different route, something more tube like/pre-runner inspired which leads me to custom work.

Does anyone in our area have experience making or know of a shop in NJ that does good work?
I was gonna go the same route but after i found out my local fab shop would need a few weeks with my truck, i ordered the shrock bumper. My X is my DD and i cant afford not to have it for that long. Unless you can find a shop the will fab something up in a few days, you might want to take that in to consideration.

That said, If you can wait, you'll have something one off and that's always awesome.

I have a sick shop i can recommend in middle LI but not in NJ
These guys do everything from art, structural/decorative beams to full race frames. Sick stuff. Next time I'm at the shop I'll ask them if they can recommend anyone by you

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was gonna go the same route but after i found out my local fab shop would need a few weeks with my truck, i ordered the shrock bumper. My X is my DD and i cant afford not to have it for that long. Unless you can find a shop the will fab something up in a few days, you might want to take that in to consideration.

That said, If you can wait, you'll have something one off and that's always awesome.

I have a sick shop i can recommend in middle LI but not in NJ
These guys do everything from art, structural/decorative beams to full race frames. Sick stuff. Next time I'm at the shop I'll ask them if they can recommend anyone by you

Whats the name of the shop? my buddy is engaged to a girl in LI and drives up almost every weekend maybe I'll take a trip and talk to them.

And I was looking at the calmini one, and that's probably my first choice if i was going to order one. My only issue with it is i think the only recovery point is the stock hook. Still want to explore the custom built way first.

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
They sell on ebay. I remeber seeing them on there

·
on line
1,113 Posts
also check out the guys at Draken offroad they make a front a rear bumper for the 2nd gen. Its sharp looking and their shop isn't too far away up in Oneota,NY

·
Registered
6,919 Posts
also check out the guys at Draken offroad they make a front a rear bumper for the 2nd gen. Its sharp looking and their shop isn't too far away up in Oneota,NY
They have made one front and rear bumper set for an Xterra. The rear still requires a lot of work and has been removed from the Xterra in question.

Draken has also had some hiccups in recent memory. Google them.

·
on line
1,113 Posts
They have made one front and rear bumper set for an Xterra. The rear still requires a lot of work and has been removed from the Xterra in question.

Draken has also had some hiccups in recent memory. Google them.
Out of curiosity I checked out their site and the last time I was on there I saw they had the xterra ones listed with pricing and options, I haven't heard much about them but after my quick google search ill retract my previous comment.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Emailed the guys at hardcore offroad and this is what i got,
Hello,
I have a 2nd gen Xterra coming in at the end of next week to design some bumpers on. Once I get one built I will be able to get you some exact prices on them, but to start off I will say a rear bumper with tire carrier powdercoated will be somewhere in the $650-700 range. As far as a front bumper I would have to figure that out when I get to my shop. If you had a few pics of similar bumpers that would help me to figure something out.

Thanks.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts