Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I built a bumper.

I originally wanted LED fog lights but I'm not finding many out there. I've been to Hella and PIA and Amazon and Ebay and I haven't found anything I like. I want square-ish. I am finding a lot of LED "work lights", the kind on ATVs. Historically I've used fog light more for navigation than fog anyway and some of the square LEDs I've seen on Amazon seem pretty bright. I really don't want to cut holes in my new bumper for some cheap chinese LED "work" lights but I'm not seeing many alternatives...

Anybody been through this? Any Ideas?

·
on line
10,980 Posts
PM N.Y.X. for a price on surface mount Totron "Duallys" ... like this:

... from here: http://www.thenewx.org/forum/showthread.php?t=101337&highlight=totron, the first two posts can be a bit overwhelming, but they detail everything you'd need ... a set of the 3" square lights, a set of the flush mount lenses, and a two-light harness. I'm not 100% sure if the amber covers would still work, if you didn't want the white light, but you can always get some amber film to put on them ... or you may need to go a different route if these would be too bright.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OH you had to go and do that...

I build a bulletproof bumper (front BTW) and you tempt me with surface mounts. The original idea was to cut holes like everybody else and mount them behind the front plate. Surface mount would be cool as hell, but I worry about the exposure to getting whacked.

Thanks for the link to the GB.

·
on line
10,980 Posts
If you built yourself the bumper, you should be able to put together a set of grills/protectors that would attach over the top of the lenses and at least give you some peace of mind ... or frankly, the lenses are cheap enough (IIRC) that you could order some extras and just figure on replacing them if needed.

·
Registered
3,978 Posts
Would these be good for fog lights or would they be too bright for on road use?

·
Registered
3,978 Posts
I would be running these with the headlights... I don't want to blind anyone. If I wanted to do that, I'd turn on my 40" bar lol. I will have a 20" bar added but I'm wanting to replace the factory fog lights.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
583 Posts
Would these be good for fog lights or would they be too bright for on road use?
cubes would be ok for road use if you have them aimed right, but probably not technically legal. I run mine lots of the time and have no issues. However, any type of bar is definitely too bright for on road use unless it's pointing straight at the ground. I sell these lights, so if you're interested, PM me.

·
Registered
583 Posts
well if you are getting that exact bumper, it has the fog holes tabbed for Rigid SR-Q lights, and appears as if the totron lights are too big. However, if you're not getting that bumper, you could probably use cubes as fog lights, which I recommend. I have some mounted on my shrockworks bumper, and they work great. I know you're not new to LED lights and have a 40", but cubes will surprise you with how bright they are.

·
Registered
3,978 Posts
I like those cubes! Are those Totron? I just want a LED light that I won't blind anyone that I can use in place of the factory fogs.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts