Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
on line
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems like I've seen a post somewhere about someone going into a 7/11 or some other store and you could spot that they were an XTerra owner due to the fact that their cup holder insert was stuck to their coffee mug. Well, my wife just emailed me to tell me she has lost a cup holder out of her X due to the same thing! To be honest, it has happened to me too, but I realized it was there before getting into the store (We have an '05 and an '07 X in the garage).
Has anyone had to replace a cup holder insert? If so, where and how much was it?

·
on line
1,361 Posts
I keep my inserts in my console because I use Nalgene's all the time and need the bigger hole.

Not sure on the cost of new but I bet you could call a local dealer and talk to the parts guys and get a price.

·
on line
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies, guys. I think I've found replacements @ Xterraparts.com, but I have to buy a pair of them @ $30.00. I may call them and ask if they'll break up the pair. Surely someone else has had the same problem and has needed only one.
Also, thanks for the ideas about keeping the existing inserts in the console, and not attached to the beverage of choice.

·
on line
82 Posts
Could always buy two and have an extra for next time.

·
on line
298 Posts
I think the inserts are a great idea! That said, I have left the X with tem once. Halfway to the door of work, I realized how HEAVY my coffee was and turned back.

·
on line
3,272 Posts
did you try yournissanparts.com?

they have the newx discount code you know.

·
on line
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks again for all suggestions. The missing holder has been found! Seems it had fallen off in the parking lot as my wife was walking to her office, and a subsequent storm floated it away to another part of the lot. After a thorough search, once it was learned that a replacement pair was $30.00, it was found. Now I just have to order another in-channel vent visor for her rear driver-side door, but that's another story...

·
on line
28 Posts
haha, i was missing a car holder also when i bought my car used. i went back to the dealership and made them give me another one. my salesman just went to another xterra and took the cup holder from it. haha, looks like someone else will be missing a cup holder.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts