Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Intro Comments: Well I figured it was high time I made a build page for my X. I've gotten quite a bit done in a years time, and naturally got some things to go back and re-do.

My original plans for this rig was a mild overlander / general adventure rig with 2" lift with a bumper and some other functional mods. I daily drive my X and do all repairs and work myself. Not having the luxury of long down time and doing upgrades bit by bit has altered the process a little. All in all I love my X more than any other vehicle I've had. The mileage is a little high but its been incredibly reliable so far. I'll keep it running long as I possibly can.

Nickname: Goblin? Money Pit? The Other Woman? Nothing has stuck yet.

Username: CThoreal

Make: Nissan
Year: 2011
Model: Xterra
Trim: S 4x4 6MT
Color: Metallic Green

MODS

Red = in progress

Suspension(Front):
-Radflo Extended 2.0 w/ 650# Springs
-Nisstec 1" top spacers w/ extended studs
-SPC UCAs
-PRG Braided extended brake lines
-PRG bump stops
-cam bolts
-PRG LCA spacers

Suspension(Rear):
-PRG Dual AAL w/ 3˚ shims
-PRG Adj. Shackles
-Timbren SES bump stops w/ custom spacer
-Brake line extension mod
-Radflo 2.0 shocks
-diff breather mod

Performance:
-Air box mod
-IMS spacer
-Magnaflo 12580 muffler 2in/1out
-deleted y-pipe

Armor:
-Hardcore Offroad winch bumper & Rad Skid
-BTF Diff. Cover

Interior:
-Aftermarket heated seats
-Wet Okole seat covers
-Weather Tech digifit mats
-Android double din head unit
-8" 600watt under seat sub
-Rockford Fosgate 3 way speakers all around
-rear hatch inside latch access mod

Electrical:
-Blue Seas 12 position fuse box under dash
-USB ports
-Console mounted rocker switches.
-In bumper 3.5" 18w amber LED pods
-flush mounted 18w LED pods in rear bumper
-Auxbeam 7" 90w spot/flood combo LED lights. w/ clear and amber lenses

Current Projects:
-custom integrated receiver/tire mount https://www.thenewx.org/forum/30-xterra-projects/210530-integrated-hitch-tire-carrier-idea.html
-Aluminum skid plates

Wish List:
- V8 Swap
- Full roof rack
- leather seats
- Short throw shifter
- Winch
- tuner
- Sliders
- Titan swap, someday when its not my daily driver

PHOTOS

Day 1

·
Registered
117 Posts
Awesome build man. I'm also a v8 swap holdout but I think there's some issue with the manual's bellhousing or some deal that doesn't make it possible at the moment. Haven't delved too far into it yet but my v6 gets up and goes really well for now even with bumpers and heavy toyos.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks man. Yeah supposedly a shop is machining an adapter plate for the manual bell housing. But its not something that can actually be done at the moment. My motor runs great right now. Hopefully when it eventually goes the swap will be doable.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Very nice!
Its good to see a bumper without gaps at the headlights.
I can't say I would've chosen dual fog lights... but it looks good!

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Very nice!
Its good to see a bumper without gaps at the headlights.
I can't say I would've chosen dual fog lights... but it looks good!
There's a chance I have it sitting too close to the lights. Ill be keeping an eye out for signs of contact when the frame flexes. I was questioning the dual fogs myself, after I ordered it, but I think it turned out great.

·
TNX Veteran
4,003 Posts
There's a chance I have it sitting too close to the lights. Ill be keeping an eye out for signs of contact when the frame flexes. I was questioning the dual fogs myself, after I ordered it, but I think it turned out great.
You're gonna need about a 1/4" (maybe slightly less) gap underneath the turn signal portion of the light to avoid any contact. The bumper and body do move a fair bit under certain circumstances.

·
TNX Veteran
4,003 Posts
Got maybe 3/16" right now. Next time i can flex her I'll check it out.
It won't happen in a "stopped flex" everything will settle and be fine. When it happens is bumpy driving on or off road (think washboard or curbs / corners). You'll notice little scrape marks on the bumper from the light, otherwise I doubt you'd ever find it.

Looks good BTW, love the dual fogs.

·
TNX Veteran
3,609 Posts
Nice, the dual fogs are way better than I was expecting. And the blackish-gray (or is it just matte black?) paint looks good. Now you got me self-conscious about my gap underneath the headlights though... Looks like mine is about twice the distance of yours.

Comparison via 10/10 photoshop skills:

Are you happy with the prerunner bar? Or are you wishing you joined the elite club of the Full Guard? ;)

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Nice, the dual fogs are way better than I was expecting. And the blackish-gray (or is it just matte black?) paint looks good. Now you got me self-conscious about my gap underneath the headlights though... Looks like mine is about twice the distance of yours. But at this point I probably won't touch on the mounting position again until I get a winch.

Comparison via 10/10 photoshop skills:

Are you happy with the prerunner bar? Or are you wishing you joined the elite club of the Full Guard?
Ha! I dig the comparison image. Its a fine textured matte black bed liner actually (bumper and grill). Pictures make it look grey unless the lighting is just right.

I went and ran some rocky dirt roads on Sunday and my headlights made some very minor contact with the bumper, at the bottom of the turn signal. Nothing more than a slight scuff on the finish of the bumper. I'll be dropping it down a tiny bit, maybe another 1/8" or so. So if you do dont move it up too much if at all. Thinking a 1/4" of clearance between bumper and bottom edge of the turn signal should do it.

I really like the prerunner bar. Im not one to drag my car through brush or cut it too close to rocks or trees unless I know I'll clear. So the full guard would probably be overkill for me. They look friggen awesome though. Hopefully I dont take a headlight out later and regret not have the full guard. Im jealous of your '86 emblem. My fathers got a mint '86-1/2 720 pickup and I've been wanting to steal him emblems.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Well after a weekend trying out the new Radflos , street ride is better than bilstiens but not by a whole lot. Washboard is eaten up beautifully. Bumps and small square hits are handled great. Potholes are another story, very harsh and jarring. I now need a top spacer to gain some droop. Was hoping to get away without it as Greg @ PEG didn't think I'd need it with only 2.5" of lift.

1" top spacer w/ extended studs ordered.

Also gonna pull my front sway bar off and see how it feels without.

1 - 20 of 106 Posts