Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
101 - 120 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #106 ·
Rear axle woes. Had what looks like lubrication breakdown. The oil came out thin as water and burnt(only 20k since last change and seals) Lost both seals, one bearing completely and the other was starting to go. All very suddenly. Heard a rubbing noise one morning, drove it home gently and parked it. Luckily no damage to the gears (although an excuse to regear would not have been the end of the world).

How that bearing didn't cease up I'll never understand, but it got me home.

Due to high mileage and some slight pitting that was beginning to form near where the seal rides(which I noticed last time I did seals). I decided on fresh axles for both side.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #110 ·
These look great! Question for you since I'm close to ordering a set myself - did you customize anything or is this how Hardcore's sliders come now? I dig this design over older ones I've seen.
Thanks! Nothing custom on these. Just ordered as they come from their website.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #113 ·
You're running 295's on stock rims? Thought 285's are the biggest you can go on stocks. Did you have a hard time finding a shop that will do it? You're Titan swapped right?
No troubles here. Shop had no concerns about it . A few people on here run them and I haven't heard of anyone having issues. I think its just an overlooked size for the most part. No titan swap but I do run wheel spacers, which Im pretty sure are necessary to clear the UCA/upper ball joint area, and avoid excessive frame contact at full lock. Fender trimming is necessary too as melt mod alone wont be enough.

·
TNX Veteran
4,877 Posts
Sure is! I've since ordered a real one for that hitch rack but it got the job done.
Got a link to what you ordered? I didn't know they made something aftermarket like that...

101 - 120 of 139 Posts