Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

CThoreal's D.D. Adventure Rig (Now TS'd)

35K views 151 replies 30 participants last post by  CThoreal 
Nice, the dual fogs are way better than I was expecting. And the blackish-gray (or is it just matte black?) paint looks good. Now you got me self-conscious about my gap underneath the headlights though... Looks like mine is about twice the distance of yours.

Comparison via 10/10 photoshop skills:

Are you happy with the prerunner bar? Or are you wishing you joined the elite club of the Full Guard? ;)

I have the same 650# Radflo Springs. I have the 1" Nisstec Spacer + Extended studs. I left the Radflos unchanged when I got them, and with that spacer I am at exactly 3" of lift in the front (well like 2 15/16" after the Hardcore bumper). The new studs were annoying to get in, but once I got them in installation was easy. I have no front swaybar and have been running this way for a few weeks. It feels great over deep potholes (although I'm not sure what is considered bad).

I would totally put the swaybar on if I was doing a long road trip or had to daily drive it. The X is only a weekend rig for me. It sucks on the highway. I don't like going over 65mph now. Even at 30mph+ it is child's play to get the traction control to come on if you swerve back and forth quickly. Keep in mind I also have mud terrains. Normal turns is not bad though if you don't mind driving slow. But it totally makes a huge improvement off-road - way less 3-wheeling!

So after adding the washers/spacers and adjusting springs, how much lift do you have in the front over stock? And how do you know when you are at the "binding" point when measuring?

Now just to upgrade my fog lights and and Im set through winter, mod wise.
yeah right, there is always stuff to do...

The stock headlights in this truck seriously suck... I was giving my friends a ride the other day and they even remarked on how they were the dimmest lights they'd seen on a car. Where did you put the switch for these lights?

That thing looks so tiny... like 2/3 the width of the X, and the X is not that wide of a vehicle to begin with.

Haven't been too active on here lately. Figured I'd post something. Snapped this cool shot yesterday while shuttling local bike trails. Rain and fog tends to be rare around here in late spring. Been taking good advantage.
Are your second pair of fog lights not wired on the same circuit as your first pair?

Hell yeah! That looks like a great design so far! The removable tire would be legit. Personally, since I off-road with the bike rack, so I would not feel comfortable with one or the other but it definitely would be more convenient for carrying the bike rack 90% of the time.

Maybe your tire carrier attachment could have a pass-through receiver (kind of like the Wilco tire swingouts) so that you can stick a rack in addition to it. But at some point you start putting a lot of weight at a weird Z-axis angle on the swingarm, so idk

Bumper Automotive exterior Trailer Vehicle Car

Is that a makeshift anti-rattle hitch mechanism? Lol

Sure is! I've since ordered a real one for that hitch rack but it got the job done.
Got a link to what you ordered? I didn't know they made something aftermarket like that...