Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

croastbeast's "The Sword" 2012 Pro 4X

11K views 41 replies 17 participants last post by  dixie1865 
#1 · (Edited)
Intro Comments: My second X. My first met it's fate a mere 1.5 months after I got it, and due to my insurance's awesome replacement policy, my secondly shortly after.

Username: croastbeast

Make: Nissan
Year: 2012
Model: Xterra
Trim: Pro 4X
Color: Avalanche White

Transmission: 6 Speed MT
Intended Purpose: Overlander/Camping

Xterra's Nickname: "The Sword"

MODS

EXTERIOR:
-Updated all turn, tail, running bulbs to Superbrightled LEDs. Brighter, and no worry about them blowing out.
-RockyMtnX Factory Winch Bumper
-Smittybilt X2O 10,000 winch with synthetic line
-Front mount recovery shackles
-Universal square LED offroad lights (illuminate with high beams)
-HIDProjectors HID headlamps, 35 w 6KK bulbs, with halos, devil eyes, tinted sidemarkers
-Kensun HID Offroad roof lights
-Melt mod/pinch wled med
-Removed horrid factory step rails
-P&P Engineering sliders
-Shrockworks engine and radiator skid
-Blue Torch Fab rear differential cover
-Maxterra bumper (on order)
-rear differential breather mod
-factory rear hitch with pintle hitch
-Roof rack mounted Hi Lift jack, shovel, sledgehammer, and axe
-miscellaneous recovery tools (hatchet, prybar, bolt cutters, hi lift lift mate, jackjaw, chains, tree saver, tow strap and rope) in lockable roofbox
-hood lift
-Vigg hood blackout over decals (LOVE the discreet look)

INTERIOR:
-LED lights all around
-Pioneer AVIC 5000 NEX stereo/nav Double DIN Bluetooth and Steering wheel control
-Rockform Iphone mount
-Valentine one radar detector Hardwire
-Raingler Barrier net (3 dogs!!!) and ceiling net
-homemade dog bedding for back
-Pro4x seat patches
-Weathertech floor mats front and rear
-Uniden PRO 520XL CB
-4' Firestik tunable antennae
-4" PA speaker in grill
-Bullydog GT Platinum tuner on A pillar mount

SUSPENSION:
-OME coilovers with HD springs
-Dakar full replacement rear leafs
-Nitrocharger OME rear shocks
-cam bolts

TIRES:
-BFG KO2 @ 285/75/16
-ATX Cornice rims 16 x 9, -12 offset

COMMENTS:
Bought my first 2012 Xterra Pro4x used after making the transition from my Audi A4. I had always liked xterras,a nd with 3 dogs, now was the time. However, after the tiptronic A4, I HAD to go back to MT. Automatics were killing me. Having learned to drive a MT, one never eralizes how much control is yielded in an automatic. So, i found a MT pro 4x in black. LOVED IT. Not 1.5 months in, I got into a terrible accident that totaled the X.

PHOTOS

Luckily, My insurance company had a "Keeper" policy, that since it was within the required model years and was totalled, they agreed to buy me another. I insisted on a Manual Pro-4X, and they found me a used 2012, with 12,xxx miles. DEAL!

Here she is, day one in my possession, bone stock.

I immediately knew Id want to upgrade, but not with a massive lift and BL and huge mud tires, as this was my daily driver, but being in North Georgia, and owning land in the mountains, I KNEW I was going to take her off the beaten path onto the expedition trails and Forest Service roads. So I knew some upgrades were in order. Slow but sure beat away at them.

Some pics:

Im sure Ill add a lot more pics and upgrades, so Ill update as I go.

I'd LOVE to hook up with some local Atlantians who hit the N Georgia area on Forest service trails/etc and spend some time camping.

See less See more
#5 ·
Working on it.

Looks great man!! I too have a '12 p4x 6mt and love it!!... still socked tho. subbed for progress.
I hear you brohan.

Great looking rig! I'm beginning to love the white more and more every time I see it.

Looks great with the RockymtnX winch bumper!
That bumper is so awesome.

#16 ·
Some updated photos since Im bored at work.

Bullydog A pillar mount

Hard to get a pic of, but I used bischofnt's idea and added decals under the hood blackout. I LOVE the subtle presence.

In case you didnt notice, Im of Indian heritage, and Ganesh is a very important image in that. Actually, my dad freaks the F out if I dont have Ganesh all over my home, car, everywhere. Ive happily embraced it.

#30 ·
Mind posting up better side views of the truck with the new shoes? Hard to see it with that 3/4 angle.

I love those rims so wanted to see it with good lighting. Are the bolts on the rims THAT shiny in real life.. I rather have them a darker color.. not into the chrome shiny type bolts.

Thanks!

#37 · (Edited)
croastbeast's "The Sword" 2012 Pro 4X

Mounted new DepHep roof rack with rear extension and crossbars for the RTT.

Mounted the Hi Lift using the tube bumper mount. It worked out awesome. Drilled two holes for the V bolt, and mounted it horizontally. The tent in the V bolt also makes a damn god mount location for a ratchet strap, bungee, etc.

In the rear extension, I got two weatherproof, lockable, plastic ammo cans that I mounted for tool/supply storage. Bolted through the rack, aluminum flatstock and locknuts inside the boxes. I also mounted aluminum anglestock iunder the bottom of the rack to support the boxes.

And two quickfists on the back with the axe. Fits like a glove.

Now just to figure a shovel mount for the side, and waiting on the gobi ladder.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.