50 Watts Output (35 Watts on 430 MHz)
DCS
Backlit DTMF Mic
Alpha Numeric LCD

CTCSS Encode/Decode
DCS Encode/Decode
Smart Search
1200/9600 bps Packet Jack
Hyper Memory (stores complete radio configuration)
Menu customization
ARTS™ Auto-Range Transponder System
Internet Key for Access to WIRES™

The Yaesu FT-8800R dual bander operates on 2 meters and 70 centimeters. High power output is featured with 50 watts on 2 meters and 35 watts on 430 MHz. It is like having two radios in one with dedicated Volume and Squelch controls on each side. Built in features include: duplexer and CTCSS/DCS Encode/Decode. Over 1000 memories are available. It is WIRES compatible.

The FT-8800R features Yaesu's ARTS™ Auto-Range Transponder System, important in search-and-rescue applications. ARTS provides a "hand-shake" with other ARTS equipped transceivers and displays out of range or in range. A six character CW ID is also provided for your station every ten minutes during ARTS operation. The FT-8800R comes with a mobile mounting bracket, DC cord and MH-48A6J Up-Down, illuminated DTMF microphone.

Yaesu FT-8800R
w/Anderson powerpole connectors
2m / 440
YSK-8900 separation kit
Never installed.
10 months old

ADMS-2I USB
programming software and cable

$350 for All

Now I really need to go out and get my Ham license...... :)

·
on line
4,593 Posts
WOW.
That's fantastic.

I really need to get up to speed on HAM.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Very nice. I finally went out and got my license. Probably should have gotten it sooner since I was a Navy Radioman in a previous life.

·
on line
10,980 Posts
Chris, Tech is easy ... just have to get you to sit still long enough to study a little bit, and then to take the test. ;)

This was all I used to study for my Tech: http://www.eham.net/exams/ ... just took the practice a whole bunch. Got to the point where I only missed one or two at most, per practice. Test was put on by a local club at the library, only had to cover the licensing fee (like $15) ... and they even let us sit for the General at no additional cost, just to see how it would go. Yeah, I did miserably on that part ... passed the Tech just fine though.

Nice find on the radio, I wanted to go dual band right at first, but didn't want to shell out big $$ to get a new one ... here's the one I wound up getting for myself: http://www.hamradio.com/detail.cfm?pid=H0-010078 ... actually, I see now that HRO is now doing a $100 mail-in rebate on your 8800R, one of the ones I was looking at last year ... hmmmmm.

·
on line
10,980 Posts
Right-on ... yup, Ghost knows his stuff.

·
on line
1,656 Posts
Your post prompted me to get on craigslist last night and look what I found:

http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/app/4100040270.html

Went and picked it up tonight. It is unused and new condition. They said when they plugged it in it wouldn't cool correctly and they just shelved it (only wanted it for a freezer). I started asking more about the problem and it seems it was just sourcing from an underpowered supply. I feel like I stole it at that price! They were fully aware these things are around $800 new but just didn't have any use for it. Great people. My wife and I stuck around for about 30 minutes to chat with them.

Thanks chrishaynesusa!

·
on line
10,980 Posts

... jeebus MrCole, that's the steal of the week right there. FFS.

I need to stop looking for project vehicles I don't have time/money for, and start looking for more pieces to the one I'm currently working on ... ::SMH::

·
on line
1,656 Posts
I have regular terms I use,

Pelican (you can never have to many)
Mountain Hardwear (great cold weather gear)
xterra -2004 -2000 -2001 -2002 -2003 (yep)
titan diff (yep yep)

and of course

KEGERATOR :):)
Wow, those are almost exactly some of the search terms I always use as well. I am trying to find a nice chest freezer kegerator or one to convert. We just made 10 gallons of a Zombie Dust clone. Can't wait until it is ready.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts