Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys I just thought I would post this in the projects thread because it is a project (sort of)... but if a mod wants to move it to the exterior section I dont have a problem with that

No pics yet but I will post them as the work gets done to my truck.

Fender flares from hanneman delevered to my door: $475
Converting my hood into a cowl induction hood/ Repainting it +
Installaton/ Reshapeing/ Painting of the fender flares: ~$1000

Its pretty pricey but I think its a good investment. And the body shop that I went to seems to have pretty good service, plus they back all their work up with a 100% satisfaction guarantee! And the best thing of all is they can start working on it right away..... I just need to wait till the fender flares come in (hopefully by Wednesday).

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
DBAX said:
Pump it right into the Volant and hang on.. Or can you feed it right to the SC?
Well its a cowl induction hood, not a hood scoop (sort of reversed hood scoop) so it wont be taking any air into it.... it will just be letting hot air out.

As for the extimated time... the shop quoted me about a week. So im going to bring it in on Wednesday (Friday at the latest, just depends on when the flares come in) and I leave for Vegas on the 19th and dont get back untill the 24th, so they will have more than enough time to play with it.

But all the work will be finished by the 24th of this month!

·
on line
2,070 Posts
Take lots of pics! :cheers:
I'm thinking about the fenders.
I just don't think trees and fiberglass mix well.
So u going to do a little gambling in vegas?
What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas!
________
Accord

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh, I have a question for you guys....

Should I also get hood louvers, or would that just be a little over the top? Okay, Okay.... let me rephrase, Would it be necessary for me to get hood louvers?

·
on line
1,208 Posts
Im not a huge mechanic or anything but I was talking a buddy of mine that is, he has a 84 El Camino with a 406 CI from a 400 Small block with 410.6HP @4800 RPM, 503 Ft Lb Tq @ 3600 RPM with a 342 Positrak 12 bolt rear. He built this engine to be put into this car, freakin fast and Awsome!!

We were talking about cowl induction and louvers on the hood and wondered how much of a differance it would make with the engines in our X's. I know that cooler engine produces more power becasue it burns more efficiently, but will it make that much of a differance for the cost??

Just curious. :drunken:

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well honestly.... I want it for looks and functionality. Call me a weirdo but I want to advertise that i have a supercharger under the hood (other than having a sticker on the back window that you can hardly see).

I have always been a fan of cowl induction and ram air hoods. They just scream, "I have more power than you do!"

Oh that reminds me... when i was in Baton Rouge this weekend I saw a lifted FJ with a Blower hood. Im sure he had some major modifications done to the engine. I wish I would have snapped a picture but im sure the owner is on one of the FJ boards. I might try and stalk him to see if I can find some pics.

·
on line
1,208 Posts
oh ok.

·
on line
2,077 Posts
man, you X is too crazy, i need to see this thing in person! i need to make another trip up to houston (although i was just there yesterday), or you need to make a trip down to the island!......local run in the works?? anyone??

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, I should be leaving again for my amazing one month adventure (work) some time at the end of this month. But I do see myself making a trip down there if you have any interesting trails (November is too cold for the beach). Keep me posted.

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well if xterraracer ever is in the great state of Texas, and needs a pit truck I will be happy to lend my services.

Oh the fender flares came in today... so hopefully my truck will be in the shop tomorrow. (just need to make other arrangements for a vehicle)

I know you guys already know what they look like, but im going to post a couple of pics up anyway. Oh, and these things are light as hell. Im guessing around two or three pounds each (unless i dont know my own strength).

·
on line
1,206 Posts
Right on man! I cant wait to see these all mounted up and painted!

·
on line
1,284 Posts
Awww, Those are entire new fenders. I thought they would be like Bushwhacker flares. Are those going to allow room for your 35's? I might do that too is I can get the money. It's going to look mean when it's finished. Can't wait to see it.

1 - 20 of 98 Posts