Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Lost my grandmother to Covid-19 last week, just cannot wait for this to be over...

Sorry to hear that.

C-19 has largely passed by the interior of British Columbia. Sometimes it pays to live in a small village in the middle of nowhere.

The mother-out-of-law is staying with us. She is about to turn 81, has lung cancer and would likely die in a couple of years time without the C-19 pandemic.

We are being a little extra careful for her sake.

There is a farm just north of us that runs on Mexican labour. The farm puts on a popular farmer's market during the summer. I wonder if the wife should stay away this year..... There is nothing wrong with being Mexican but judging from numerous headlines, concentrations of workers increase risk.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
I think we would be shocked if we knew how many times each of us have been exposed to C-19.

I bet more than a few of us would test positive for C-19 and were never aware you once had it.

·
Registered
299 Posts
There is nothing wrong with being Mexican
Speak for yourself. Try asking one.

Ha! I keed, I keed! As a partial Mexican, I do love being Mexican. My inherent smooth ways, luscious caramel skin and genetic ability to apply shingles in the midday sun made me a keeper for my wife.

I think we would be shocked if we knew how many times each of us have been exposed to C-19.

I bet more than a few of us would test positive for C-19 and were never aware you once had it.
The guys in my shop think I already had it. I was out sick for 2 weeks in February with flu symptoms, but tested negative for A & B.

·
Registered
683 Posts
At this time, there are cases of Covid-19 (Corona Virus) confirmed in all 50 U.S States.

As this Pandemic spreads across our communities I wished to provide a topic in which we may reach out to each other, talk of our experiences, provide support and prayer and share knowledge.

To start things off:

My county has 8 confirmed cases of Covid-19 , however there is nobody I know which has become infected.

My mother passed away early Saturday morning due to liver disease. There have been several changes which have taken place to limit the spread of this disease. The funeral home is limiting the viewing of her body to 1 hour by immediate family and closest of friends only. In addition, her funeral services will be graveside only to limit exposure.

This has been tough as I know there are many which would have desired to show their love and respect for my mother.
Nevertheless, I understand the need to limit the public's exposure and I support what were being asked to do.
My condolences tyo all who lost afamily member or good friend.
I have a couple buddies that are way older than I am so I make sure I dont contaminate them.

As for me I actually had it.
Got it probably in the lab when a centrifuge with some samples on it mal functioned.
Either that or I was too sloppy in my procedures (everything was in a hurry that day)

The first 36 hours were bad and I was thinking of my will or lack thereof.
After that It was easier to live with than a head cold.
Beat it in 6-7 days

·
Registered
315 Posts
Speak for yourself. Try asking one.

Ha! I keed, I keed! As a partial Mexican, I do love being Mexican. My inherent smooth ways, luscious caramel skin and genetic ability to apply shingles in the midday sun made me a keeper for my wife.
Pobre mejicanos. Tan lejos de Dios, tan cerca de todos los demas mejicanos. ;-)

Actually while I writing the above post I was thinking of the slurs and violent aggression that have greeted folks of Chinese origin in various parts of North America.

61 - 66 of 66 Posts